Plugin Contributions

Default How do I custom the product listing display?

Hi,

Is there a way to custom the product name on the product listing?

I want the product listing that display exactly the same way as the "New for January" display.

eg. If you go to my home page, it shows the new products. The display goes like this: Product image > Product Name > Price.

Now I want that to show on my products when i click on my catergory. I want the product name to be in bold writing.

Please is there a way to custom this?

Yes, i've used the Cherry Zen template. and I've asked the owner but he wont reply. So please dont reply if I asked him or not.

Please help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I custom the product listing display

There's this:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84174

A link to your site would help, too.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, Sorry Stevesh. it's http://practise.hostoi.com/.

I've just read briefly if the post that u've sent me. I think that post was telling me to change the "Product listing display to new products, all listing etc. I only want the product listing to look exactly the same as "New for January" display. the "new for January" shows image, product name and price. If you look at my product listing it's kinda messy. the price is on the right side of the image instead it should be showiong in the bottem of the product name.

Please help. not a PHP wizard

Plugin Contributions

The new products centerbox is a grid display, and you already have the Column Layout Grid from Free Addons for your product listing. All you need to do is set the elements' display order in admin > Configuration > Product Listing, and turn off the elements you don't want. The font and other styling can be done in your stylesheet.
    Last edited by gjh42; 9 Jan 2010 at 09:31 PM.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for your reply. But if u could just look at my site. U can see that the price on product listing is on the right. I want to show either on the bottom of the image or below the product name. I'm not quite to sure about the stylesheet. and when i when to the configuration, it wont allow me to do what i want.

please help

Plugin Contributions

The price is to the right of the image because they are both inline elements , they fit on one line, and there is no line break between them. Add to your /includes/templates/your_template/css/stylesheet.css
    Code:
    .listingPrice {display: block;}
    Admin > Configuration > Product Listing has lines like this:

Display Product Image 1

Change the number to set the sort order of the element or turn it off.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you!! It worked. When u said
    Change the number to set the sort order of the element or turn it off.
    , I wasnt sure what u meant. Now i know that u can sort order from 1- whatever.

I thought it means "0" is for no. and "1" is for yes. so is this called the sort order. Now is there more like this. Eg. When i went to Config > All listing > Diplay product image.. I see the numbers like 3102 (Value). Can you please tell more about this "Value" or "elements". Not sure the funtionality of this.

Plugin Contributions

The All Products listing has a different template from the product listing, and the four digits have specific functions. As the edit box says
    "Do you want to display the Product Image?

0= off
    1st digit Left or Right (0=off, 1=left column, 2=right column)
    2nd and 3rd digit Sort Order
    4th digit number of breaks after" (number of lines to space down before the next item)

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Ive got a question regarding the column_layout_grid_v_1_3_8. I think this is the mod that melissa is using -

Ive added it to one of my sites http://zainabscollection.com/index.p...=index&cPath=1

Im using a 3 column layout - Im trying to get the add to cart button to show instead of the buy now button - I can remove the buy now button and show the add to cart box but not the add to cart button - I would love to know how melissa has achieved this on the following page http://practise.hostoi.com/software-c-2.html

I also love the height used between each product but not sure if this can be done through this mod - im also after a hover affect so that when one listing is hovered over it will have a different shade of color - I think this may need to be done through the style-sheet.

Any guidance would be much appreciated even a point to a thread where this has been discussed before. For some reason I just cant manage to find anything on topic but it might be down to me not doing the right searches.

thanks

abs