Plugin Contributions

Default How to require Paypal confirmed address for big orders?

Hi.
    I am USA seller (I don't ship overseas). So far I don't have much trouble selling via website. But I want to add one security measure.
    Is it possible to ask paypal confirmed address for over $50 purchase? Zen card only can set yes/no for confirmed address. I doesn't want to bother asking for confirmed address from potential buyers when they make $1.00-$10.00 purchase.
    Please let me know.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to require Paypal confirmed address for big orders?

Assuming you're using Express Checkout with v1.3.8a, make the following change to line 1691 of /includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php:
    Code:
          if (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_CONFIRMED_ADDRESS == 'Yes' || $order->info['total'] > 50) {
    Then you can turn off the "Require Confirmed Address", and it will only self-enable if the order amount is more than 50.

Donations for advice can be made at: www.zen-cart.com/donate

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much.
    How about website payment pro?
    Many customers checkout with credit cards.
    I'll definitely make donations.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"Require Confirmed Address" is irrelevant with Website Payments Pro.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I was away for while. I just made promised donation. But I have small problem. It doesn't display proper error message when order is over $50 to unconfirmed address.
    "10417 Transaction cannot complete. - The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method."
    Can you replace above message with "Please provide Paypal confirmed address for order over $50"? Otherwise it confuses customer.
    Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gsmsalers View Post
    "10417 Transaction cannot complete. - The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method."
    That message is in relation to a problem with the customer's funding source, not with their address.

10417 errors are problems with the customer's card / financing / account.
    There's *nothing* that *you* can do about the matter.
    You'l need to have the customer talk to PayPal to have them explain why PayPal is rejecting their financing details.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102841

Plugin Contributions

Last question: Can you tell how to disable credit card payment for over $50.00 orders? Because paypal doesn't offer any seller protection for credit card payment. They only offer seller protection when I ship to paypal confirmed address.
    So how to force buyer pay with paypal to confirmed address for over $50.00 orders?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by gsmsalers; 30 Mar 2010 at 02:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can't force PayPal to not offer certain payment funding choices to their customers. They offer the option of credit card to everyone who validates a credit card with them.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, you're right. You can't force paypal. They'll do what they are supposed to.
    Chris Bradly