Plugin Contributions

Default How to test payment? (Paypal)

I've tried to search the FAQs and i found a bunch of articles on paypal but none on how to test it. I would like to make sure everything is set up but I'm not sure where the instructions are.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to test payment? (Paypal)

The easiest way is to just put through a real transaction for a cheap product, such as a test product for 0.01.

There is a sandbox you can use for paypal, but this is the most convoluted way of testing, as you have to set up test accounts with PayPal sandbox. You then need to put your store into Sandbox mode through Modules >> Payment Types >> PayPal >> Transaction Server = Sandbox. Next you need to have open the Sandbox environment in another browser window. And finally, you need to use the paypal sandbox usernames and passwords they create for you.

Be aware though that PayPal HATE you testing with live accounts, and if they see numerous small transactions between the two same accounts, and you keep on cancelling them, they treat it as possible security threat, and close down both accounts until they have checked the recent actions thoroughly.

You'd be fine for testing a couple of times, but if you experience problems, and have to test more than 5 times, investigate the Sandbox option is my advice!

Absolute
    Back, after a 4 year absence! Did you miss me?
    Absolute Web Solutions Ltd
    Interested in our work? Take a look at one of our sites - The Tech Store

Plugin Contributions

Be aware though that PayPal HATE you testing with live accounts, and if they see numerous small transactions between the two same accounts, and you keep on cancelling them, they treat it as possible security threat, and close down both accounts until they have checked the recent actions thoroughly.
    We use the live method for testing between live accounts all the time - sometimes with dozens and dozens of transaction and have never had a problem.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

well that does sound like paypal. shut it down and ask questions never. well for what i need if i have to test it 5 times something is drastically wrong. guess I'll just go with the cheap item thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Kim - really? Well, don't let PayPal catch you at it - I had 2 of my accounts suspended for 3 months because I was testing transactions for $0.01, and instantly refunding. Not that annoying, until you consider the fact that you can only register a credit card to one account at a time, so if you account is suspended, good bye credit card until PayPal decide they want to unsuspend your account!

Just hope that sharing my experience with the joy that is PayPal will hopefully save others from having to deal with being in the same situation.

Absolute
    Back, after a 4 year absence! Did you miss me?
    Absolute Web Solutions Ltd
    Interested in our work? Take a look at one of our sites - The Tech Store

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info, I didnt know that.
    I had tested the paypal for few times, all with very small amount. Seems still ok now.