Plugin Contributions

help question No Login's Working, Admin Or Customer

Hi Guys, have been working on a Zen Cart Site on a localhost for sometime for work, and yesterday we attempted to upload it to our host so we could browse and play online.
    I have managed to upload my files, import my test database etc, that all appears to be ok, although very slow (Will look into this another time).
    The problem occurs everytime we try to log in to Admin or as a Customer, we are returned to the same page as before, no errors display etc. Originally i thought it was because i had specified to use ssl for admin, customers, and checkout, but i went through and disabled this in the configure.php files, when this never cleared the problem i proceded to delete the Zen Cart Installation and Database contents and started from scratch. Still no luck.
    I have read a lot of posts saying to delete cache etc, this has not worked, i have read to check that sessions is turned on, i believe it is.
    When i installed Zen Cart on the server there were no errors or problems that i could identify during the 'check requirements' stage.
    Any ideas/suggestions as to what is wrong greatly appreciated

Pete

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Login's Working, Admin Or Customer

Have you tried this?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=82

Check your configure files for proper path changes to the new environment.

Also, login issues are generally related to the sessions... so are you certain the webhost has the proper requirements? http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...n:Requirements

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Melanie, thanks for the quick response

I ran the Session Fix Patch on the first install with no luck, but had forgotten to run it since i re-installed everything. Have just run it again now with no success.

From what i can tell the configure.php contains the correct paths i forgot to mention that i tried to login to admin and create a customer account and login in using it on just the standard Zen Cart install the second time round, (before applying my mods) and had no luck then either.

I have just accessed the Zen Cart installation files again to bring up 'System Requirements' and it says the following

Disabled PHP Functions = exec,system,passthru,shell_exec,escapeshellarg,escapeshellcmd,proc_close,proc_op en,ini_alter,popen,show_source,proc_nice,proc_terminate,proc_get_status,proc_clo se,pfsockopen,leak,apache_child_terminate,posix_kill,posix_mkfifo,posix_setpgid, posix_setsid,posix_setuid,dl,symlink
    Register Globals = OFF
    MySQL Support = ON
    MySQL Version = 5.0.45 Click here for more info
    PHP Version = 4.3.2
    PHP Safe Mode = OFF
    PHP Sessions Support = ON
    PHP Session.AutoStart = OFF
    PHP session.use_trans_sid = OFF
    Current SQL Cache Folder = /vhost/vhost3/d/i/s/MYURL/www/catalog/cache -->Writeable
    Suggested SQL Cache Folder = /vhost/vhost3/d/i/s/MYURL/www/catalog/cache
    PHP magic_quotes_runtime setting = OFF
    PHP magic_quotes_sybase setting = OFF
    PHP GD Support = ON
    GD Version = GD bundled (2.0.12 compatible)
    PHP ZLIB Compression Support = ON
    PHP OpenSSL Support = ON
    PHP cURL Support = ON
    CURL NON-SSL Capability = Okay
    CURL SSL Capability = Okay
    PHP Upload Support = ON upload_max_filesize=2M; post_max_size=8M
    PHP Upload TMP dir =

View PHPINFO for your server
    Other System Information (For Reference Only)
    The following info does not necessarily indicate any problem or configuration issue. It is simply for the sake of displaying it in an easy-to-find location.
    PHP include_path = .:/usr/share/pear
    PHP SMTP destination = localhost
    PHP sendmail path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
    PHP sendmail 'from' = [email protected]
    PHP open_basedir restrictions =
    PHP Output Buffering (gzip) = OFF
    PHP FTP Support = ON
    PHP XML Support = ON
    PHP Session.Save_Path = /vhost/vhost3/d/i/s/MYURL/www/catalog/cache -->Writeable

I have replaced the correct url with MYURL in the code for now, as i dont want to overly advertise the site while it is still in test mode, but happy to supply it for any that think they can help.

As i say, from my basic understanding of whats going on, everything should be ok.

Pete

Plugin Contributions

PM me a link?

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Hi All, just a quick update

In talks with my hosting we establised that the PHP version in use was 4.3.x although they advertised 5.1.x, although zen cart states this is an acceptable version i had them address the issue and get the php updated.

Since the update to 5.1.x we now can re-enable the recreate session option. (I have also noticed a remarkable increase in speed of the site in general)

Thank you for all your help melanie.

Pete @ PSL