Plugin Contributions

Default Linking websites/Help

Hi, So I've read a lot of threads and maybe I'm reading the answer to my question and just not realizing it's the answer but I can't seem to find this answer, or even if what I want to do is possible.

I have a website up and done at 1 site. I was just informed that we have another domain name, but I don't want 2 different websites. Is there any way to do it so no matter what address you type in it will take you to the exact same site.
    That way we came keep the 2 different names but have the same Site/Shopping cart/everything no matter which one you go too.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how I would go about doing this? I'm pretty new, learning how to do things by researching different threads so the better/more detailed the explanation t he better.
    Thank-you!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Linking websites/Help

That's called 'parking' a domain. If your control panel doesn't have the option, your host will usually do it for you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey7 View Post
    I have a website up and done at 1 site. I was just informed that we have another domain name, but I don't want 2 different websites. Is there any way to do it so no matter what address you type in it will take you to the exact same site.
    That way we came keep the 2 different names but have the same Site/Shopping cart/everything no matter which one you go too.
    You can setup "domain forwarding" where the parked domain is automatically forwarded to your other domain.

Example: When someone types in, my_parked_domain .com, it will auto redirect them to my_live_domain_with_shopping_cart .com.

Contact your hosting provider or domain registrar and ask about "domain forwarding."

Plugin Contributions

So I'd have to contact them to get them to connect it to my other site? Thank-you!