I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to modify the sender name and address used in outgoing emails (order confirmations, status updates etc). I've overridden / modified details where I can in the various override files but not all variables are easily modified.

I'm specifically trying to accomplish two things, neither of which are very well documented:

1. Modify the email sender name on all emails (as the store name is not the most appropriate choice as the email sender)
    • As part of this, also modify the from: address to specify a custom after-sales email for customers who have just placed an order
  2. Modify the subject for all emails to make them more consistent (including inserting the store's name in square brackets, to retain the look and feel of existing emails from the store)

Example of how a current order confirmation email looks:

Sender: The <Store Name> Store [[email protected]]
Subject: Order Confirmation No: 1

How I'd like it to look:

Sender: Store Name - Sales [[email protected]]
Subject: [Store Name] Order Confirmation (Order #1)

I'd like to effect similar changes for the order status update emails, but it looks like the code which constructs these emails are hard-coded. This is very frustrating, as I'm sure everyone would agree that a consistent approach to your email presentation ensures a happier shopping experience - and the way ZC currently puts together the emails is incredibly opaque.

I'm not a ZC novice but I'm hardly a genius at customisation. I fear that many people who have less experience with ZC than me will be struggling to achieve the same things I am, and end up just breaking their installs because these kinds of after-install customisations (which I think are essential to offer) simply aren't available in the current version of ZC.

If someone who's already made these changes could point me in the right direction, I'd be happy to update the wiki with the information once it's worked out how to modify the emails apropriately! :)