Plugin Contributions

Default table prefix problem after moving to new server

I think I have uncovered a bug in ZenCart. I recently switched to a new hosting company. I exported the database from my old hosting company and uploaded it to the new one. They imported the database (they said it would be a security risk for me to do it) but somehow the database prefix got changed to "bgs_" from the default "zen_". I changed the database prefix in the config file and everything seems to work fine except logging into the admin area. When I go to the appropriate URL I get the following message:

1146 Table 'vic320_beating_gout_store.zen_project_version' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select * from zen_project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

As you can see, it is still using the "zen_" prefix to find this info. Unfortunately I am too new to ZenCart and PHP to find the problem myself.

Can anyone tell me if I have stumbled on a real bug and if not, what am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: table prefix problem after moving to new server

No, that's not a Zen Cart bug.

It's a mistake made in your execution of the move to the new server.

There are *two* configure.php files, and it appears you've only changed the non-admin file to use the new database details.

Normally one should follow the published instructions for moving to a new server: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100
    By using those instructions, new configure.php files are built automatically for you.
    If, however, you choose to do it all manually, you need to make sure you accomplish *all* the same steps in your own hacking of the files.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: table prefix problem after moving to new server

Thanks for letting me know about the second config file, I was able to correct the issue immediately...