Plugin Contributions

bug send gift cert error after uninstalling newsletter-subscribe addon

I get the following error when i open up send gift certificate in admin.

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant TABLE_SUBSCRIBERS in /home/16621/silverqueen/www.truthcharmjewellery.com/public_html/includes/functions/audience.php on line 113
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE email_format != 'NONE' and confirmed = 1 and (customers_id IS NULL or cust' at line 1
    in:
    [SELECT email_address as customers_email_address FROM WHERE email_format != 'NONE' and confirmed = 1 and (customers_id IS NULL or customers_id = 0) order by email_address ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I don't fully understand whats going on here

The version is Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Patch: 1::
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8

I had subscribers module installed but removed it
    Any help would be appreciated

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: send gift cert error after uninstalling newsletter-subscribe addon

Quote Originally Posted by ian healy View Post
    I had subscribers module installed but removed it
    That addon adds a record to the query_builder table in the database for its own use. Unfortunately, whatever steps you took to remove the addon didn't include cleaning up that entry which refers to the TABLE_SUBSCRIBE which no longer exists since you removed pieces of the addon.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: send gift cert error after uninstalling newsletter-subscribe addon

Hi, thanks for that. but what can i do to rectify it now? or get the gift cert send facility working again.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure if the addon you removed has uninstall instructions that tell you how to fix that problem. It should.
    If not, use phpMyAdmin to delete the offending record. BE SURE TO DO A FULL DATABASE BACKUP FIRST since phpMyAdmin is letting you edit raw database content without any safeties.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: send gift cert error after uninstalling newsletter-subscribe addon

what exactly will the offending data be or say?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I would venture to say it will refer to TABLE_SUBSCRIBERS or something like that.
    Sorry, it's been years since I used that addon. It's all a bit foggy.

Plugin Contributions

Drbyte, superb that seems to have worked, i closed my eyes when i hit delete for the query in the database, i did back up