Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Attribute Sort Order Screwy

I have no idea what is happening with my attribute sort order. They don't seem to be alphabetized and they are ignoring the manual sort I set for each attribute on each item. I am selling cards/paper products and the attributes need to appear in the order they appear on the product, which is why I set the sort order manually for each product.

Site: http://kbkswag.com

I have version 1.3.8

I have set Configuration > Products Info > Product Option Value of Attributes Sort Order to 1

Can someone please help point me in the right direction for getting the manual sort order to work?
    Kustom By Kris
    Its All Zen!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute Sort Order Screwy

I'm seeing Front - Back - Gloss - Round Corners - Shipping, which seems logical to me. What order were you trying for?

BTW, I know the site isn't finished, but I hope you aren't planning to have the page content scroll behind the grass like that - very annoying.

Plugin Contributions

I agree with Stevesh, you need to look at how your site displays on different resolutions...I have mine on a widescreen and the following screenshots are how it appears to me...in the second I can't click the add to cart button at all once it's scrolled down because the grass is in front of it blocking it

Screenshots are on my site cos I couldn't get them under ZC's attachment limit and still show what I intended to show lol

Main Page: http://www.lissaedesignz.com/images/kbk1.jpg

Product Page: http://www.lissaedesignz.com/images/kbk2.jpg
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thank you for taking a look, although I did not ask for you to critique my site. It is very far from being done. I do a little of different things as I progress as to not get bored.

If you look at this product:
    http://kbkswag.com/index.php?main_pa...&products_id=4

You will see that the form fields are in no reasonable order. The most obvious fields are "Details 1" and "Details 2". They should be right next to each other. Below are how I have manually numbered the fields in the Attributes Controller...

5 Invitation Line 1
    10 Title
    15 Date
    20 Location
    25 Address 1
    30 Details 1
    35 Details 2
    40 Contact
    45 RSVP

Paper Finish, Round Corners, and Shipping have their orders set in Option Names.
    Kustom By Kris
    Its All Zen!

red flag Re: Attribute Sort Order Screwy

I am attempting to get help on this issue again. I abandoned the above site because life got too busy, but I need to start another store with the same kind of products.

I need each product to have a custom sort order.

I created each attribute with a default sort of 0 (zero).

Here is one product I have added:
    http://duelingmuses.com/index.php?ma...&products_id=1

This product shows the products in the following order:
    Date
    Size

I manually set the sort order when I added each attribute to the product to be the following:
    Size
    Date

The site is ignoring the manual sort order and ordering the attributes in the order I added them in the attributes list.

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere that will make the site recognize the manual sort order? This is very important to this website. I really need help resolving this issue because it keeps coming up for me.
    Kustom By Kris
    Its All Zen!

Plugin Contributions

Check the setting in Configuration ... Product Info ... that it is set to 1:
    Products Info - Product Option Value of Attributes Sort Order
    Sort order of Product Option Values of Attributes for Products Info
    0= Sort Order, Price
    1= Sort Order, Option Value Name
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Also check the Sort Order of the Option Name ... those also have Sort Orders when you add/edit them in the Catalog ... Option Name Manager ...

NOTE: you can see them easier in the Option Name Sorter and Option Value Sorter ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Products Info - Product Option Value of Attributes Sort Order is set to 1.

Sort Order of the Option Name - Each option name is set to 0 for Sort Order.

All Option Values are set to 0 as well.

The only order that I have set is the manual sort order for the attributes on the product. They are still showing in the wrong order (i.e. ignoring the manual sort order I set).
    Kustom By Kris
    Its All Zen!

Plugin Contributions

Aren't these Option Names?
    Date
    Size

That would make me think your Option Names are the order that isn't sorted ...

Could you sort that and see how it looks?
    Linda McGrath

Those are Option Names. Their default sort order is set to 0 because they need to be sorted in a custom order for each product. When I added them to the example product (shown above), I set their sort order manually. The site is ignoring the manually set sort order and listing them in the order that I added them to Option Names. If I set the sort order in Option Names to be how I want them to appear for the example product, they will be in the wrong order for the next product I add. Therefore, I need help in finding out why the site is ignorning the manual sort order.
    Kustom By Kris
    Its All Zen!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast