Plugin Contributions

help question Lower 48 States Zone on checkout form dropdown

Hi, I've uploaded a new 'zone' with the lower 48 states, and set it as my shipping preference. Then I noticed that on the checkout page, it still includes all the states and territories. I thought that the new zone would fix it. Not sure how to make the customer checkout form match the lower 48 states uploaded to my new 'zone'. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Lower 48 States Zone on checkout form dropdown

If you have made a Zone for the 48 ... and you have added this to the Shipping Module ... but you are still able to checkout from, for example, Alaska ... then something is not setup correctly on your Zone ...

Check your Zone Definition and make sure that only the 48 States are defined on it and that you did not accidentally add one as All Zones ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Not so much an issue on check out as on new customer signup page, still has all the states and territories. I don't think customers will be able to ship to places outside the zone on checkout, but they can signup using the standard dropdown list. As long as the shipping preferences reference the lower 48 states zone, I'll be OK, just wondered if the signup dropdown should match the checkout zone. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

To change what you can use on signups you would have to delete from the tables ... this limits you to future growth ...

You could state on your signup where you ship to ... but ... can't Grandma in the UK send Tiny Tim in Florida a new crutch for Christmas?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Might look at deleting the tables manually. We have distributers in Europe, Hawaii, and Asia, that can handle regional shipping. Because of cost, we can ship in the Lower 48 at a good price point. Otherwise they can link to a regional distributer. Thanks for the help.