Plugin Contributions

red flag add to cart randomly not working with ie8

Hi,

I am having an issue with zen cart where the 'Add to cart button' seems to randomly not work in ie8.

I have tried using different templates but this doesn't seem to solve the problem...

Has anyone else come across this issue... i have previously tried to force the compatability mode but this has no effect there is still the random problem!!

obviously i need to solve this or I will have to start using a different cart solution which would be a shame as zen seems to be great apart from this issue

the url of the site is www.seansactivitystore.co.uk all help would be gratefully receieved!!

please ignore the site appearance if your check the link as i am trying to actively sole the problem at the mo and have changed a template but not tailored it to the site yet.

Thanks

Max

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: add to cart randomly not working with ie8

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie1971 View Post
    Hi,

I am having an issue with zen cart where the 'Add to cart button' seems to randomly not work in ie8.

I have tried using different templates but this doesn't seem to solve the problem...

Has anyone else come across this issue... i have previously tried to force the compatability mode but this has no effect there is still the random problem!!

obviously i need to solve this or I will have to start using a different cart solution which would be a shame as zen seems to be great apart from this issue

the url of the site is www.seansactivitystore.co.uk all help would be gratefully receieved!!

please ignore the site appearance if your check the link as i am trying to actively sole the problem at the mo and have changed a template but not tailored it to the site yet.

Thanks

Max
    I have also noticed that mouse over shows no url in status bar when it fails to add item to cart!!!

Please please please this is a show stopper for me if i can't get it resolved!!

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I have no idea why thats not working. It works fine in firefox. I don't think its anything to do with the security settings. Wierd!

I hope you find a solution!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by epsonprintersrock View Post
    I have no idea why thats not working. It works fine in firefox. I don't think its anything to do with the security settings. Wierd!

I hope you find a solution!
    Thanks for that.. but already aware it works with all other browsers.

i actually use firefox myself.... this issue has arisen after feedback from customers then a bit of invertigation from myself.... i seriously hope i find an answer also!!!!

Plugin Contributions

I have done a fresh install and pointed it to original dB. the site uses the classic template with a few stylesheet changes to text colours and i am still having this problem!!!

has anyone else experienced this? is there a solution other than to use another cart other than zen?