Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding to an existing web site

How do I remove the title from the EZ pages?

Add to your stylesheet

h1#ezPagesHeading {display: none;}

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
    How do I set an EZ page as the home page?

If you want static content on the home page, turn off anything you don't want in admin/Configuration/Index Listing, then add content to the home page by using admin/Tools/Define Pages Editor > define_main_page.php
    How exactly does this work? That page is no longer the page that shows up when I go to my site. For some reason the one and only product I have added is the one that shows up. Should I add more products and this will change back?

How do I move the menu from the top of the page to directly below my logo?
    How do I add EZ pages to the menu I am trying to move?

Your EZ-Page links can be in the header links, along with Home, Log In and so on; they can be in the footer; and they can be in the Important Links sidebox. And maybe all three at once? Not sure about that. Have a look at admin/Configuration/EZ Pages Settings.
    OK, so I see how that works, but how do I move that menu below my logo? Also, is there a plugin or something for ZC that would allow me to use drop down menus?

Should I be trying to make the Box Builder as an EZ page or as a product page?

As a product page so you can use the attributes. Or as an EZ-Page so you can employ totally custom code. Your choice.
    I think that this will have to be the last thing I try to get working as it seems like it might be the biggest pain.

How do I remove the title from the EZ pages?

You'd have to customize the php file which controls the layout of EZ-Pages. Off hand, I don't know where that is.
    That {display:none} thing seems like it would work best.

How do I remove the login function completely? My client has no need for people to make accounts with them. If it is unable to be removed, I will try to find a way to spin it, but I would like to see it gone entirely.

Search these forums for COWOA. And search the Free Software Add Ons for Login.
    I will have to look into this. Thank you for the suggestion.

Plugin Contributions

OK, when I added more products the other home page appeared again... guess I can get to work on making the index page how I want it to look.

Plugin Contributions

Admin > Configuration > Layout Settings > Skip 1-prod categories

This will make categories with only one product go straight to the product info page instead of having to click through a single-item listing page. If you want the listing page with its category description to show in all cases, set this to false or 0.

Plugin Contributions

I really would like to do without a listing page all together. I only have 3 products that my client is selling and it is not likely to increase, so I just need individual pages for each product. I will be working the rest of this week to get the individual pages looking how the client wants them to. After that I will need to see about getting the rest of it functioning.

Plugin Contributions

In that case, putting each product in its own category will let them be handled properly by the Zen Cart category/product system, and you can set the skip to true. Name the category the same as the product, and any navigation will be clear and direct.

Plugin Contributions

Alright, I have been fighting with it for a while now and I can't seem to get the site working right. I have put in my HTML code into admin/Tools/Define Pages Editor > define_main_page.php and now all I get is a blank page. When I check the source code for it, my HTML is there, but it isn't being rendered.

Also, I cannot seem to find any of the options that you guys have mentioned for consolidating my menus into just one bar. At this point I guess I don't care where it is in relation to the logo, I just need
    • Home (Modified Home Page)
    • Wedding Boxes (EZ Page)
    • Bibles (Product Category)
    • Diamonds (Product Category)
    • Photo Gallery (EZ Page)
    • About (EZ Page)
    • Contact (EZ Page)

all on one bar and in that order.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Adalast View Post
    Alright, I have been fighting with it for a while now and I can't seem to get the site working right. I have put in my HTML code into admin/Tools/Define Pages Editor > define_main_page.php and now all I get is a blank page. When I check the source code for it, my HTML is there, but it isn't being rendered.

Also, I cannot seem to find any of the options that you guys have mentioned for consolidating my menus into just one bar. At this point I guess I don't care where it is in relation to the logo, I just need
    • Home (Modified Home Page)
    • Wedding Boxes (EZ Page)
    • Bibles (Product Category)
    • Diamonds (Product Category)
    • Photo Gallery (EZ Page)
    • About (EZ Page)
    • Contact (EZ Page)

all on one bar and in that order.
    Ignore the first half of the post, I realized what was going on and got it fixed. The menu problem is really all that I am having at this point... but it seems to be a problem.

Plugin Contributions

You can put all of those links in your ez-page header bar. For the ones that are not ez-pages, create ez-page internal links for them, with the destination page name, and they will appear as links to that page.

Plugin Contributions

Ok... thanks for the speedy reply gjh42. Now do you know how to do all of that, because I am not sure how to make an "ez-page internal link". It does sound like exactly what I need, but i'm not sure how to do it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast