Plugin Contributions

Default shipping discounted when downloads and normal products ordered together

The problem I am having is that when normal products and downloadable products are ordered together, the price of the shipping is being discounted for a reason I can't figure out.

1. The downloads are fine, no shipping ever.
    2. The normal products are fine, they are set for 2 handling and .1 shipping for each item then are free after $25, and this works fine.

What does not work is that if someone orders downloads along with normal items, the shipping gets discounted after certain order totals. For example here is a breakdown,

4 of a $2 normal item, so $8 total and shipping shows 2.40, which is the $2 handling and an additional .1 for each item.
    If I add in a $1 download bringing the total to 9 and now having normal products with downloadable products the shipping has dropped to 2.30.

It just keeps dropping, order total 11 - shipping 2.10, total 14, shipping 1.80, total 17, shipping 1.50, total 22, shipping 1.00. Yes, the pattern holds true, for every downloadable product added it drops .10. If more expensive downloads are added in, it still drops it .10 for each one.

This only recently started happening and I'm not sure why, it has worked fine in the past. I had orders in December that were calculated correctly, so in a month's time something has gone wrong. No changes were made to the store. What might be causing this?
    Last edited by pjgscrap; 31 Jan 2010 at 06:02 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: shipping discounted when downloads and normal products ordered together

This only recently started happening and I'm not sure why, it has worked fine in the past.
    I had orders in December that were calculated correctly, so in a month's time something has gone wrong.
    No changes were made to the store. What might be causing this?
    Something has been changed as code does not have a mind of it's own
    Check with FTP - your file dates modified
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: shipping discounted when downloads and normal products ordered together

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Something has been changed as code does not have a mind of it's own
    Check with FTP - your file dates modified
    Posts like this are not helpful. Products were added to the site but no files SHOULD have been changed. If you would like to suggest which file could have been changed that could possibly cause this, I will be more than happy to check. As it is, it is difficult to check EVERY file on the server.

I wouldn't even know how to set this up, a .10 shipping discount for every downloadable product ordered, I mean what could even cause that? The downloadable products and the normal products work fine separately and have always worked as they should in the past. I have not even logged on the ftp in over a month, so unless something was changed with my host or something was changed with zen cart, I don't see how any files could have changed.

I will be glad to look at the date or replace any files with backups if you can tell me which files could possibly cause something like this.

I would think the only place something like this could even happen would be in the shipping modules, and most of the files are from 2007 / 2008.
    Last edited by pjgscrap; 3 Feb 2010 at 03:27 AM.

Plugin Contributions

For kicks, I searched all php files on the server and sorted by date modified. As I thought, the last files changed were my analytics files, changed back and still the same conditions, so I updated them again. These were the only files modified from the time it worked until it did not. I duplicated both orders with the old analytics files and the new, neither worked as they should. The only other files changed were define_main_page and define_conditions.

Plugin Contributions

If you make a cart with Products and Downloads that do this, where you peek at the checkout_shipping page to see the shipping is wrong ... then delete the Physical Products and click on checkout ... do you go to the checkout_shipping or checkout_payment page?

If you edit the Product with the Download in the Admin ... do you have the settings:
    Product is Virtual: No, Shipping Address Required

Always Free Shipping: No, Normal Shipping Rules
    Does this happen on with All Downloads when added to an order with Products?

If you recreate an order that worked correctly last month, do it work correctly now ... or do you get the incorrect shipping?

If you edit the Download Product in the Attributes Controller ... do you see the green dots next to the filename?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

help question Mix of downloads and physical products negates shipping charges

I have searched the boards and FAQ but have found no answer that works for me. Some looked applicable, but either they did not apply, or when I tried the recommended fix, it did not work.

Here's the problem: orders of only downloadable products are charged no shipping, and they work just fine. Orders of physical products are charged shipping, and they work just fine. When an order has both a downloadable product and a physical product, the Shipping Method screen shows that "This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order." That method is free shipping, and it negates the shipping charges for any physical products in the order.

I have checked and my download products have a zero weight, but are NOT marked as virtual products, they are not marked for free shipping and they do require a shipping address.

I only noticed this recently because it was the first time someone tried to order both physical and downloadable products at the same time.

Any clues???

My site is using PHP Version: 4.3.11 (Zend: 1.3.0)

I am having a similar issue, but none of the recommended fixes here have made a difference.

Here's the problem: orders of only downloadable products are charged no shipping, and they work just fine. Orders of physical products are charged shipping, and they work just fine. When an order has both a downloadable product and a physical product, the Shipping Method screen shows that "This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order." That method is free shipping, and it negates the shipping charges for any physical products in the order.

I have checked and my download products have a zero weight, but are NOT marked as virtual products, they are not marked for free shipping and they do require a shipping address.

I only noticed this recently because it was the first time someone tried to order both physical and downloadable products at the same time.

Help???

Plugin Contributions

Make sure that you set the Download Products up correctly, they are NOT Virtual Products and they are NOT Always Free Shipping products ...

Usually, you get the negative issues when you have marked a Download Product as also being a Virtual Product or as an Always Free Shipping Product ...

Download Products "know" they have no shipping based on the download filename on the Attribute ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Well, as I said in my post, they are NOT marked as virtual products. So, is there anything else that will bugger it all up?

One more point: I'm using CEON's Advanced Shipper.

I have double-checked, and none of my downloadable products are marked as Virtual products.

None of them is set as a Free Shipping product.

Their weight is always set to zero.

I have managed to get the shipping charges to come up again by turning the USPS shipping back on (something the CEON setup said to turn OFF), but I still get this message: "Sorry but we do not ship to your address by this shipping method!"

This is right above the dialogue box where I am given a choice of shipping methods for the order.