The following snippet of code is from includes\templates\mytemplate\templates\tpl_modules_create_account.php, but applies to other files dealing with account addresses.

Code:
<?php
  if (ACCOUNT_STATE == 'true') {
    if ($flag_show_pulldown_states == true) {
?>
<label class="inputLabel" for="stateZone" id="zoneLabel"><?php echo ENTRY_STATE; ?></label>
<?php
      echo zen_draw_pull_down_menu('zone_id', zen_prepare_country_zones_pull_down($selected_country), $zone_id, 'id="stateZone"');
      if (zen_not_null(ENTRY_STATE_TEXT)) echo '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_STATE_TEXT . '</span>';
    }
?>

<?php if ($flag_show_pulldown_states == true) { ?>
<br class="clearBoth" id="stBreak" />
<?php } ?>
<label class="inputLabel" for="state" id="stateLabel"><?php echo $state_field_label; ?></label>
<?php
    echo zen_draw_input_field('state', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_state', '40') . ' id="state" onchange="capitalize(this,1);"');
    if (zen_not_null(ENTRY_STATE_TEXT)) echo '<span class="alert" id="stText">' . ENTRY_STATE_TEXT . '</span>';
    if ($flag_show_pulldown_states == false) {
      echo zen_draw_hidden_field('zone_id', $zone_name, ' ');
    }
?>
<br class="clearBoth" />
<?php
  }
?>
Note the inclusion of onchange="capitalize(this,1);" in the tenth (10th) line from the end of this snippet, which is from the captialize_signup_fields mod.

With this inclusion I notice when editing the account address, either during or after account creation, that sometimes two State input boxes appear one atop the other, with the topmost input box being that of the pulldown.

Such corruption makes me want to get rid of the pulldown altogether, however, it is not clear to me just what I should remove.

I would appreciate if someone could help me either fix the corruption or remove the pulldown facility.

TIA