Plugin Contributions

Default Featured Products heading box not displaying?

Hey hey people ... this place is awesome. When I tell anyone why i use Zen Cart its simply because of this forum ... everytime I have a problem the first 2-3 links in a google search, point me here where I find my answers .. so thanks to all those that post here

This time though, no such luck - Ive been searching for a few hours now but cant find any solutions.

My Site: www.battlebunker.com

The problem:

Notice on the home page, my configuration is setup to show Featured Products above New Products ... which it is doing. However, as you can see, the Featured Products heading box is not showing?

Notice below the New Products, the Specials box is showing and correctly labelled?

And yes, its slightly modified TM theme so that could always be the problem ... ANY help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Featured Products heading box not displaying?

I'd guess that the heading has been stripped out of tpl_featured_products_default.php by our good friends at Template Monster.

You can look at the copy in template_default to see what's supposed to be there.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    I'd guess that the heading has been stripped out of tpl_featured_products_default.php by our good friends at Template Monster.

You can look at the copy in template_default to see what's supposed to be there.
    funny you should mention that, a friend was just here asking what all that code etc is on the screen - so I was showing him Zen Cart, PHP, etc explaining about how websites are made, what 'code' does etc .. whilst I was doing this I was looking at the Developers Tool Kit searching for something completely different .. and I came across that file, and thought to myself "I need to check that file, thats probably the problem" ...

Soo, no more posting useless posts and off to find my solution! Hopefully will be back with good news. Thanks for the reply stevesh!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post

Nope

the files were almost exactly the same, when compared in WinMerge the only differences where some formatting .. either way, I merged them and still .. problem exists.

Edit: using Inspect Element via Google Chrome .. I think I may have found the problem - looking at the home page, there seems to be a missing H2 reference for <!-- bof: featured products -->

I'm not sure where this needs to be edited (which file) .. you can see the boxes for whats_new and specials both have the <h2 class="centerBoxHeading"?>..</h2> reference.

About to go looking for it using Developer Tool Kit .. but if anyone has any idea .. sure would save me some time and whole bunch of stumbling around

Plugin Contributions

Sorted!

Problem was in the featured_products.php .. for some unknown reason someone had decided to comment the code to not show on the home page if there was featured products?

Anywho .. all sorted .. I would never have learned how to do all this without these forums - before I started using Zen Cart I had no idea about any of this - I'm actually suprised that most problems dont seem to be too hard to fix, but then again .. all my edits are small and minor

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Glad you got it going. TM is good about coding in the strangest places.