Plugin Contributions

red flag Category: Show on Main Page - Possible to use specific categories?

Hi,

We have around 40 categories in total (ON & OFF). I know how to turn on the categories and their pictures so that they appear on the Home page.

What I want to know, is if it is possible to just have a selected amount of product categories on the main page? We just want our best selling categories & their images to appear as all of our categories are in the Sidebox aswell. Having 40 categories & images on the homepage seems a bit much and would take up to much space on the home page. We just want around 6-9 categories and their pictures to appear?

If anyone can help, we'd really appreciate it :0)

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category: Show on Main Page - Possible to use specific categories?

I did this by using the define_Main_page and placing my own custom html table with icons and links to the categories I wanted. Thats how I got around this.

Plugin Contributions

Hi. I finally found out how to show selected categories and subcategories in the center box. See this thread at the Numinix Centerbox Categories forum, post No. 15 on 2/5/10: http://www.numinix.com/forum/viewtop...9&p=3340#p3340.

I hope this helps someone.

Plugin Contributions

Update: I found that, in using the Centerbox Categories module, the top categories simply showed the text describing the category, and did not link to subcategories. However, the subcategories did show all of the products in the subcategory.

I'm not sure if it's the way the module works or the way I have set this up.

Plugin Contributions

Continuing the above, this failure to link to the category could be okay if your category description is important. One would then need to place some instruction at the very top of the category write-up, such as: "We hope you find this category description informative. Click sidebox or next images to see products."