Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Lost package in Paypal

Since 22ed last month, our site has some paceage lost, and we couldn't find any problems.

Today we received a email from paypal. That's it below.
    Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

https://www.xxx.com/ipn_main_handler.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,

PayPal
    Can someone tell me how can i solve the problem?I'll be very appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning‏

Today I received an email from [email protected] with this title:

PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning‏

The email said:

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://74.86.153.130/~usconver/ipn_main_handler.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account. Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.
    Thanks, PayPal
    When I click the link I get a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message.
    Anybody who knows what this is all about?? I seems to receive payments fine, however the PayPal payment notification email recently started going to my spam inbox.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Lost package in Paypal

It would seem you've got an invalid URL in your PayPal configuration.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning‏

Sorry, but i can't find any useful information, or i can't understand which information is useful. How can i do?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

From the wiki article I mentioned:
    1 Log in.
    2 Click on Profile.
    <snip>
    6 Click on Instant Payment Notification Preferences.
    7 Click on Edit.
    8 Turn it on (check the box).
    9 Set the URL to: http://www.myz_domain.com/MY_SHOP/ipn_main_handler.php. (The complete correct URL can be obtained from your Admin area inside the PayPal payment module's information settings.)
    10 Click Save.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have got the same message three times from Paypal. Checked everything and it seems ok. Customers do get their downloadable product and payments are made correctly and show up in my account and tell me status=completed. I am still receiving this messages from paypal and after 5 warningmessages your IPN will be disabled, I was told by PP.
    My ZC-store is working perfect for 2,5 years and now this? What do I do?

BTW, if I click on my url-s mentioned in the email, I get a normal page from my store, telling me "Nothing to process. Please return to home page", so the page is accessable.

What can I do?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Griffin View Post
    I have got the same message three times from Paypal.
    Many people are getting those notices. It seems PayPal's systems are doing a fresh round of checkups and updates.
    It's unclear whether the notices are actually true or whether PayPal has a bug in their notifications process.

I am still receiving this messages from paypal and after 5 warningmessages your IPN will be disabled, I was told by PP.
    Yes, that's how those notices normally work.
    My ZC-store is working perfect for 2,5 years and now this? What do I do?
    Sorry, I can't give you a definitive answer.
    if I click on my url-s mentioned in the email, I get a normal page from my store, telling me "Nothing to process. Please return to home page", so the page is accessable.
    That would be the first test I would recommend.
    If indeed the link works *and* you get the "Nothing to process" message, then things are probably fine.
    The next test is to do an actual PayPal transaction and see whether the IPN is received properly by your store.
    The next test is to login to your PayPal account and go to their IPN mgmt page and review all the IPN messages they've sent to see the status. Then sort out whatever problems you find there.
    Log tickets with www.paypal.com/mts if it looks like the problem is on their end.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post

The next test is to login to your PayPal account and go to their IPN mgmt page and review all the IPN messages they've sent to see the status. Then sort out whatever problems you find there.
    I have done that too. I have checked every order in my IPN-history and every order is completed, however IPN Paypal tells me failed or retrying. (thank God no complaining customers )

I did a test-purchase and everything went fine.

NB I did some payments some days ago (I pay my designers once a month) and this has nothing to do with IPN or my store, just a payment paypal to paypal and those payments do also show up in the IPN-history telling me "retrying", and I am sure they have received their payment. I am so confused now....

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post

Log tickets with www.paypal.com/mts if it looks like the problem is on their end.
    I have opened a ticket, but no response yet, keep you informed
    Last edited by Lynn Griffin; 5 Feb 2010 at 03:02 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same problem, and it's been working fine for over a year. When I visit my ipn url I get a white screen of death. Not sure If that's what it was like before or not.

I refunded a customer some money and it's showing up in my ipn list as well as "retrying".

Underneath that I have all my transactions so far this year listed as "failed" even though I just started receiving the emails. However, all those "failed" ipn notifications, actually went through fine and I processed the orders with no problems. I think Paypal is going insane.
    Last edited by Qwert302; 5 Feb 2010 at 03:13 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I am getting the same warning emails (see below) from paypal but I am not using PayPal IPN as I have it disabled. I only use credit cards/offline processing. So why am I getting this email message???

Hello,

https://secure.hostmonster.com/~xxxxx/xxxxx/store/ipn_main_handler.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,

PayPal

----------------------------------------------------------------
    PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees. Protect yourself against fraudulent websites by opening a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Firefox) and typing in the PayPal URL every time you log in to your account.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID PP472
    John

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast