Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default DB Connection

I have somewhat of a unique situation:

I have ZC installed in the root of my domain, I also have a testsite (for testing and design) installed at mydomain.com/testsite. Both stores run off of the same db. The testsite's db is a clone of the original.

Now here's the problem, I installed a copy of zenm agick (just to see what its like) at mydomain.com/zm and when I did that, for some reason, I get this error now on my ZC store:

0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
    in:
    [select * from project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

The nddbc.html files comes up when you bring up my storefront and I get the above error when I go to my admin login page.

So I did a search for this error here in the forums and they all say to check the dbase UN and PW, so I did. Downloaded fresh copies of the appropriate configure files and checked them. All db UNs and PWs are correct.

Why would installing a test copy of zm interfere with the db connection of my ZC store

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thank you,
    autoace

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: DB Connection

what? Have you more Data?

Plugin Contributions

It looks like a ZM problem... you'd better ask there.
    I came, I saw, I got zenned... :)

Plugin Contributions

I believe what I am going to do is download a backup of my ZM db and all its files and do a local install in my EasyPHP setup. I didn't want to do as I like to keep things online but until a better solution comes along...
    Thank you,
    autoace

Plugin Contributions

I believe what I am going to do is download a backup of my ZM db and all its files and do a local install in my EasyPHP setup
    That is the sensible thing to do. If you get the same probem locally then you can chase up the ZM people without affecting your live website.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Default URGENT DB Connection Issue - site broken by installing zenmagick

I have frustrating problem and am hoping someone might know what can be done!

Some preface...
    I had installed a a copy of zenmagick (############################) on my site at mydomain.com/zm - just wanted to see what it was like. Well unfortunately when I did that it seems to have broken the database connection of my ZC store at mydomain.com!

So I made some forum posts here and at zm. Unfortunately, I should have done that before, because the head guy at zm did not think it was a wise thing to do - he did not know how 'smart' the ZM installer was (or wasn't)!

So I then made a backup of my zm db and files and preceded to delete that database and the files from my hosting account.

I then uploaded fresh copies of both configure (checking for accuracy of db name and UN/PW) files for both admin and includes, hoping that would resolve the issue - well sad to say that it hasn't and now I am lost

The error message that I get when I bring up my ZC admin login page is:

0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
    in:
    [select * from project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

When I go to my storefront at mydomain.com, the nddbc.html file comes up.

When I go to phpmyadmin via my control panel, my ZC db is still there with all the tables and data. To verify that, I exported a copy of it via phpmyadmin per the instructions in the tutorials section, saved it to my pc, unzipped it, opened up the file and looked at the contents! All the data DOES seem to be there.

I looked at both configure files (admin and includes) and the DB name, UN and PW are correct.

I have 2 thoughts at what can be done:
    1. Would it help at all to re-upload the zc_install folder and run thru the install script again?

2. Install a fresh copy of ZC and run thru the installer script to have a fresh, functioning and CONNECTED ZC install. Then re-upload my custom ZC install over the fresh install (overwritting) and then import a copy of my custom ZC db into the fresh db.

Which is the better idea? Any other suggestions? Thank you for your time and effort.
    Thank you,
    autoace

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: URGENT DB Connection Issue - site broken by installing zenmagick

Quote Originally Posted by autoace View Post
    I looked at both configure files (admin and includes) and the DB name, UN and PW are correct.
    But, the servername or the table-prefixes might not be.

1. Would it help at all to re-upload the zc_install folder and run thru the install script again?
    Sure. That'll happily wipe out your database too though, so you'll want to be sure to have a backup.

2. Install a fresh copy of ZC and run thru the installer script to have a fresh, functioning and CONNECTED ZC install. Then re-upload my custom ZC install over the fresh install (overwritting) and then import a copy of my custom ZC db into the fresh db.
    You could do that too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    But, the servername or the table-prefixes might not be.

Sure. That'll happily wipe out your database too though, so you'll want to be sure to have a backup.

You could do that too.
    @ DrByte
    I did not specify any table-prefixes when I installed ZC, so that should not be the issue.

Where can I find out about the servername that is in my db? If the servername is wrong, how do I go about fixing that?

In your opinion, which option do you think is the best one to try? I have backups of everything.

I don't want to do #2 if there is a less complicated fix. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by autoace; 4 Feb 2010 at 09:08 PM.
    Thank you,
    autoace

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In your opinion, which option do you think is the best one to try? I have backups of everything.
    If you have backups, just go grab the configure.php files from your backup and compare them against your live site.

Better yet, just in case whatever that other mess screwed up also touched some of your regular files, why not do a thorough compare of *all* the files on your server against your last good backup from before you toyed with it.
    That's less work than either option you proposed.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you have backups, just go grab the configure.php files from your backup and compare them against your live site.

Better yet, just in case whatever that other mess screwed up also touched some of your regular files, why not do a thorough compare of *all* the files on your server against your last good backup from before you toyed with it.
    That's less work than either option you proposed.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues
    I've already compared my backup config files to what is on the server - same data.

I'll do the file compare to see if there have been any changes.

As a last resort, do you believe option 2 will work?
    Thank you,
    autoace

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast