Plugin Contributions

Default How do I copy and download site to customize?

Zen cart version 1.3.8a - have purchased preloaded hosted site - I'm adding new suppliers + products - need to have copy on my local computer. I want to test changes and add products - then upload to host without having to be down for maintenance for very long periods of time. Bought "e-start your web store ...." book and looked through most of the on line postings- but all seem to be geared toward a new install - not how to copy and download an existing site from a host. My Zen-cart site has never been on my computer - though I have some backup per cPanel instructions. Do I need to install XAMPP first? - I need instructions on how to copy site - then I assume I add CUSTOM folders then copy/add/edit templates (on my local computer) - how do I then upload to site? what folders? - to where? Also, host company is upgrading disc space + adding SSL and said I will need to reconfigure the entire site after upgrade!! (They have asked me to wait ~ 2 weeks - and working on being able to upgrade without deleting my work). Please help - I have a lot of photos and product attributes I don't want to have to reconfigure - thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I copy and download site to customize?

down load easyphp and install ZC then update from your site

Nick

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I copy and download site to customize?

XAMPP is not necessary if you have another Apache, MySQL, PHP (i.e. AMP) setup. XAMPP is used as an example because it removes the hassles of getting this three pieces of software to work together. There are other AMP bundles like MAMP (for the Mac), WAMP, and EasyPHP (as libertyguy mentioned).

The basic steps for moving your store from your host to your local computer will then be similar to the following FAQ.