Plugin Contributions

Default Why am I getting 404 errors and no redirect to SSL for admin and store?

Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Dedicated IP address
    Purchased SSL Certificate from GoDaddy
    Hosted by HostPapa - they installed the certificate. Checked it via cPanel - its there

Following SSL instructions from "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen cart" book purchased from www.cucumbermedia.com

Issue: After editing the /includes/configure.php and /admin/includes/configure.php files, documentation says to test by browsing to following URLs:

Test Admin SSL
    http://www.yourstore.com/store/admin and that the browser will redicte to SSL-secured site https://www.yourstore.com/admin/store/login.php

Test Customer Login SSL
    Click on the customer log-in hyperlink and should redirect to secure page to enter login credentials

Test Customer Shopping Cart
    Add product to Shopping cart, should redirect to SSL page

On all accounts I'm getting a Page Not Found 404 error.

Another test said to type https://www.yourstore.com to ensure that a page displays - this is the ONLY test that works!

My store is: www.judysboutique.ca (work in progress)

Have edited the configure files according to directions - double checked code - uploaded twice - download after upload to ensure edits in place - they are.

Any folks got suggestions as to why I'm getting 404 errors and no redirect to SSL for admin and store?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Why am I getting 404 errors and no redirect to SSL for admin and store?

Try first deleting your configure.php file on the server then FTP your edited copy to the server
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Why am I getting 404 errors and no redirect to SSL for admin and store?

If the problem persists, post the contents of your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files. Do NOT include the passwords when posting the contents.
    Goh Koon Hoek, author of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart".
    Printed book: www.lulu.com/content/10576284
    Electronic book and Errata: www.cucumbermedia.com/store

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the suggestions and help.

I also emailed HostPapa and their response was basically a non-response! (i.e. they don't help developers code!)

However, in comparing HostPapa's install of Zen Cart and the base install instructions from Zen Cart I realized a small but significant difference:
    • HostPapa - installs Zen Cart at root with no "/store/" folder or some other equivalent
    • Zen Carts - install instructions make assumption that the install is underneath /store/.

This small difference makes a major difference in knowing what path to include in the configure files.

Once I realized the difference and re-edited the configure files for a root install, everything worked fine.

Plugin Contributions

I'm noticing that now the SSL certificate is applied, the entire website seems to have slowed down.

As well, on one of the EZ pages where I have an image displayed (but not a /images/categories/ image), IE8 pops up a security warning message asking if I wanted ONLY the content displayed that is secure. If I answer YES to this, then the EZpage displays without the image. If I answer NO, I get the image.

The EZ page is not designated as SSL, although when I first set it up it was accidentially SSL, but then I went back to re-edit to "not SSL".

How to I fix this?