Thread: Stock Control

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Stock Control

Hi all. I'm really hoping that someone can help me out on this one.

URL: www.techracing.com.au

I have just received my stock from China which are levers for motorcycles. Each lever is suitable for several models of bike.

This is where I'm running into problems. Say I have Models 'H-11' and 'F-11'. For each model I have 20 of these in stock. 'H-11' suits for example 8 different bikes and 'F-11' suits 13.

How can I list these and other levers so that I can select 2 from all the levers and have them in the 1 listing so that they can be purchased as a pair?

I'm not wanting to have each lever listed 20 times in different listings as this will make it impossible to track stock levels.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock Control

You may need to look into assigning attributes. Take a look at this tutorial:

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=57

Frank from up the road

PS how's Coffs these days? have lived in Port Macquarie for a while

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Frank. The problem with attributes is that you can't assign stock quantity to them.

As for Coffs, perfect weather (when it doesn't flood), great roads (when they aren't closed from landslides due to too much rain) and great beaches (when the water isn't brown from too much rain). Moved here from Sydney 12 months ago, and there is no way in hell I'll be moving back there.

Plugin Contributions

If you had say 5 different levers then my guess is that you would need 5 different product listings.

Then each lever would have the option name "Select your bike model". The option values would then be say Honda 250, Honda 500, Kawasaki 125, BMW RS90 etc. The customer would need to select their bike make and model. Minimum quantity to buy: 2 levers (or one pair)

You can then mix and match the option values according to the suitability of your different levers. Say H-11 fits bike models 1,3,4,5,8,9 and F-11 fits bike models 2,3,5,6,7,9,10. The "overlaps" are obvious but your stock control will always be right.

Howzad?

Plugin Contributions

The problem with attributes is that you can't assign stock quantity to them.
    Try Stock by Attributes mod from
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=310

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I've installed the 'Stock By Attributes' mod, but I can't work out how to use it properly. I've searched the forum but can't find any helpful info. I've listed several bikes on my site and given them levers that are the same. When someone buys some levers, how do I set it up so that when it happens, it reduces the amount of stock for the other bikes. Can this even be done? Here's a link http://techracing.com.au/index.php?m...products_id=19

Plugin Contributions

how do I set it up so that when it happens, it reduces the amount of stock for the other bikes. Can this even be done?
    Not if the levers stock is added/common to other bikes
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Ok, what about this one? http://techracing.com.au/index.php?m...&products_id=8

I select a color, but there are no bikes in the next drop down box. They are all listed in the attributes controller though.
    Last edited by mpforum; 10 Feb 2010 at 01:46 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I have all the colours and bikes listed in the attributes controller and addigned to that particular product. When I go to Products With Attributes Stock, only the colors are listed. What's going on?

Plugin Contributions

Ok, got that sorted. have another problem though....

http://www.techracing.com.au/index.p...products_id=24

I have set all attributes to have 10 products in stock, yet I get the 'The combination of options you have selected is currently out of stock. Please select another combination.'. Anyone have any idea's why?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast