Orig Install: Zen-Cart Version 1.3.8; patched; Admin folder renamed
Addons: Stock by Attributes Mod version 1.4.9
Customization: Custom design (slight modification to Blue Highlites theme); All modifications to Zen-Cart done using Custom Overrides as explained in tutorials

Whenever I entered a particular product or edited it, and gave the following description:

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Senator [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Tried and true, the Penn Senator has been an icon on the big game fishing scene, even before the original release of that famous shark movie, Jaws®. The Penn Senatorremains the most trusted, most powerful star drag reel on the market. In fact, most of the original Senator® reels are still fishing, even after decades of service. Little wonder that Penn Senators® have caught more IGFA big game world records than all other makes combined; and with five sizes available, there is a Senator® for everything from movie sized sharks, to grouper, cod, and rockfish. [/FONT]

I always got only:

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Senator [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Tried and true, the Penn Senator has been an icon on the big game fishing scene, even before the original release of that famous shark movie, Jaws[/FONT]

No matter what I tried, the result was the same. Suddenly it dawned upon me after many days that the database was was not accepting special characters! I removed all '®' from the text and got it to display my product description completely!

Now my question is: How do I change database encoding to make it accept all characters without reinstalling Zen-Cart? I am using MySQL version 5.0.87-community and can access this from cPanel provided by my Linux-based host. Please help as I am quite raw to using databases.

Thanks,
Ijlal