Plugin Contributions

Default No dropdown for featured items and specials

I have hundreds of products on my site via Easy Populate and it all works fine, but when I try to add a featured item or a special, there is no dropdown from which to select a product. Could I be missing a column in my Easy Populate csv file? I have the "specials" fields blank in it and there is no field that mentions featured items.

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No dropdown for featured items and specials

Check that all of your products have a master_categories_id set and a products_price_sorter ...

If you do not use Linked Products, you can fix these in the Tools ... Store Manager ... by Updating the Master Categories ID then Updating the Products Price Sorter ...

If you do use Linked Products then there are other steps to consider ...

Then check that the Products each have a valid entry in the products_to_categories table for both a products_id and categories_id ...

Next, check that the Product Type is setup properly in the Catalog ... Product Type and marked that it can be Added to Cart under the EDIT button ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No dropdown for featured items and specials

Quote Originally Posted by maialee View Post
    I have hundreds of products on my site via Easy Populate and it all works fine, but when I try to add a featured item or a special, there is no dropdown from which to select a product. Could I be missing a column in my Easy Populate csv file? I have the "specials" fields blank in it and there is no field that mentions featured items.

Thank you!
    Ahh, yep I had my product type set not to 'add to shopping cart' also which confused me because my specials also would not show in the drop down menu.

However with easy populate you can enter sale prices using the v_specials_price column. Then they are editable and show as specials but the drop down will still not show any items. Special price v_specials_price must be lower than v_product_price.

Thanks to Ajeh for informing us that this depends on the Product Type settings. I can now work on other site programming.