Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AutoTweet [support]

Quote Originally Posted by joey2025 View Post
    this is my error

Twitter could not be updated: 401 Unauthorized: Could not authenticate you.
    To paste the code into twitter yourself use:

but i think it is asking for this

$oauthTokenSecret = "Your my access oauth token secret"; //twitter app "my access" token secret.

Could you please tell me what these fields are referred to in twitter. because i can not find a "my access" token secret anywhere.

thanks
    Joey

I am presently using: v1.3.9f
    I am presently using PHP5
    Under your apps click on My Access Token to the right those tokens will be listed there.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jamielife View Post
    Can you post your autofacebook code for me. (make sure you remove personal info i.e. app id, secret, token, etc).

Did you include the perion at the end of your page_token?
    thanks , it works for me when i combine both facebook and twitter in update_product.php
    Thanks for your mod

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the help ... now for my even more bone head question ... how do i get the auto facebook and auto tweet to work at the same time

Plugin Contributions

Just had this msg from Twitter in my mailbox:

Over the coming weeks, we will be making two important updates that will impact how you interact with Twitter applications. We are sending this notice to all Twitter users to make sure you are aware of these changes.

What are applications?

There are over 250,000 applications built using the Twitter API. To use most applications, you first authorize the application to access your Twitter account, after which you can use it to read and post Tweets, discover new users and more. Applications come in many varieties, including desktop applications like TweetDeck, Seesmic, or EchoFon, websites such as TweetMeme, fflick, or Topsy, or mobile applications such as Twitter for iPhone, Twitter for Blackberry, or Foursquare.

Update 1: New authorization rules for applications

Starting August 31, all applications will be required to use “OAuth” to access your Twitter account.

What's OAuth?

OAuth is a technology that enables applications to access Twitter on your behalf with your approval without asking you directly for your password.
    Desktop and mobile applications may still ask for your password once, but after that request, they are required to use OAuth in order to access your timeline or allow you to tweet.

What does this mean for me?

Applications are no longer allowed to store your password.
    If you change your password, the applications will continue to work.
    Some applications you have been using may require you to reauthorize them or may stop functioning at the time of this change.
    All applications you have authorized will be listed at http://twitter.com/settings/connections.
    You can revoke access to any application at any time from the list.

Update 2: t.co URL wrapping

In the coming weeks, we will be expanding the roll-out of our link wrapping service t.co, which wraps links in Tweets with a new, simplified link. Wrapped links are displayed in a way that is easier to read, with the actual domain and part of the URL showing, so that you know what you are clicking on. When you click on a wrapped link, your request will pass through the Twitter service to check if the destination site is known to contain malware, and we then will forward you on to the destination URL. All of that should happen in an instant.

You will start seeing these links on certain accounts that have opted-in to the service; we expect to roll this out to all users by the end of the year. When this happens, all links shared on Twitter.com or third-party apps will be wrapped with a t.co URL.

A really long link such as http://www.amazon.com/Delivering-Hap.../dp/0446563048 might be wrapped as http://t.co/DRo0trj for display on SMS, but it could be displayed to web or application users as amazon.com/Delivering- or as the whole URL or page title.
    You will start seeing links in a way that removes the obscurity of shortened links and lets you know where each link will take you.
    When you click on these links from Twitter.com or a Twitter application, Twitter will log that click. We hope to use this data to provide better and more relevant content to you over time.

Thanks for reading this important update. Come and check what's new at http://twitter.com.

Thanks,
    The Twitter Team

Will AutoTweet be affected by these changes?

Plugin Contributions

I am using Zen cart 1.3.8.a
    PHP Version 5.2.13
    Autotweets has been working fine for over a month until this morning when I got this message trying to add a new product:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'TwitterException' with message 'Basic authentication is not supported' in /home/pro2move/public_html/webwinkel/admin/twitter/twitter.php:204 Stack trace: #0 /home/pro2move/public_html/webwinkel/admin/twitter/twitter.php(648): Twitter->doCall('statuses/update...', Array, true) #1 /home/pro2move/public_html/webwinkel/admin/twitter/autoTweet.php(21): Twitter->updateStatus('Nieuw artikel v...') #2 /home/pro2move/public_html/webwinkel/admin/includes/modules/update_product.php(88): include_once('/home/pro2move/...') #3 /home/pro2move/public_html/webwinkel/admin/product.php(62): require('/home/pro2move/...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/pro2move/public_html/webwinkel/admin/twitter/twitter.php on line 204
    :
    Any idea what might have caused this?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by slitter View Post
    I am using Zen cart 1.3.8.a
    PHP Version 5.2.13
    Autotweets has been working fine for over a month until this morning when I got this message trying to add a new product:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'TwitterException' with message 'Basic authentication is not supported' in /home/pro2move/public_html/webwinkel/admin/twitter/twitter.php:204 Stack trace: #0 /home/pro2move/public_html/webwinkel/admin/twitter/twitter.php(648): Twitter->doCall('statuses/update...', Array, true) #1 /home/pro2move/public_html/webwinkel/admin/twitter/autoTweet.php(21): Twitter->updateStatus('Nieuw artikel v...') #2 /home/pro2move/public_html/webwinkel/admin/includes/modules/update_product.php(88): include_once('/home/pro2move/...') #3 /home/pro2move/public_html/webwinkel/admin/product.php(62): require('/home/pro2move/...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/pro2move/public_html/webwinkel/admin/twitter/twitter.php on line 204
    :
    Any idea what might have caused this?

Same here! Twitter must have changed something in the authentication process.

Plugin Contributions

Update 1: New authorization rules for applications

Starting August 31, all applications will be required to use “OAuth” to access your Twitter account.

What's OAuth?

OAuth is a technology that enables applications to access Twitter on your behalf with your approval without asking you directly for your password.
    Desktop and mobile applications may still ask for your password once, but after that request, they are required to use OAuth in order to access your timeline or allow you to tweet.

Applications are no longer allowed to store your password.
    If you change your password, the applications will continue to work.
    Some applications you have been using may require you to reauthorize them or may stop functioning at the time of this change.
    All applications you have authorized will be listed at http://twitter.com/settings/connections.
    You can revoke access to any application at any time from the list.
    And now we wait for the updated mod to be made available.

Plugin Contributions

The new updates will not affect autoTweet 3 which is in compliance with the new oauth method of authentication.

If you are having errors, please update to version 3.0.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    And now we wait for the updated mod to be made available.
    Updated mod was already released preemptively on august 11th and has been confirmed working as of 3pm on 9-6-2010.

So you shouldn't have to wait at all. :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jamielife View Post
    Updated mod was already released preemptively on august 11th and has been confirmed working as of 3pm on 9-6-2010.

So you shouldn't have to wait at all. :)
    Hi there, I just downloaded version 3.0 and set up my api at Twitter as well as my bitly account.

Everything is great except for in your instructions you say:

6. Now edit lines 96 through 100 like so:

a. $twitUsername = your twitter user name.

b. $twitPassword = your twitter password.

c. $bitlyUsername = your bit.ly user name (available for free at www.bit.ly)

There are no references to the twitter username and password in that file - this is the code:

Code:
    // start autoTweet 3.0
    //User Settings.
    $consumerKey = "3QVuGT5Uag08Z7rzbYmBJg"; //twitter app consumer key.
    $consumerSecret = "IJ7dB3JcnrZpLfVCEktwrnQMGKohcmxfpvp5erdJeo"; //twitter app consumer secret.
    $oauthToken = "37597468-9VXjZazZghrNFyK5kdCRgXEPFumExvjKq0LmFRsmo"; //twitter app "my access" token
    $oauthTokenSecret = "N7gRdpHOBbXl2NLK3EFNEb4esnqbTgo2HNq85v2ag"; //twitter app "my access" token secret.
    $bitlyUsername = "jojomart"; //bit.ly username
    $bitApiKey = "R_9884425471a569adc50916e630c844dd"; //bit.ly api key.
    $storeUrl = "www.joannes-digital-designs.com"; //url to the homepage of your store.
    $showprice = 1; // Show the product price? 0 = off, 1 = on. no quotes.
    $timeout = 10; //seconds to wait for twitter & bit.ly. This can be left alone.
    What do I do??

Thanks,
    Joanne

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast