Plugin Contributions

Default Is there a way to prevent login until after verifying email address at registration?

Is there any way to make it so that upon registration customers cannot log in until they have followed a link in the welcome email??

_thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a way to prevent login until after verifying email address at registrati

Not without some fancy custom code.

If you don't mind me asking, why would you do that?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a way to prevent login until after verifying email address at registrati

I've made a feature that allows people to upload images but they must first register - I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to take every precaution so that nothing malicious gets uploaded (aside from the obvious ones) - custom coding doesn't scare me but I was thinking if anyone had any shortcut ideas it would be good.

_thanks

Plugin Contributions

The problem with that plan is that anyone wanting to purchase from you would also have to verify their email before being able to complete the checkout process ... that is going to make shopping cart abandonment shoot sky high.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

thanks Kim.

No - I've added a column to the 'customers' table which helps me to distinguish between the customers and the rest... so I can make only the rest have to do this as long as I can prohibit them from accessing their account until they have followed the email link as you know. I'm guessing making another column in the DB which is changed when a randomly generated unique page is accessed will be the way of doing this..

_thanks again