Plugin Contributions

Default Any need to save PayPal Logs and FedEx label png images?

Hello,

I have ten thousand paypal curl logs and 40 thousand FedEx .png image files on my server.

Does anyone know if it is ok to delete the bulk of these files. I will of course keep a few hundred most recent.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Any need to save PayPal Logs and FedEx label png images?

Quote Originally Posted by wootoot1234 View Post
    I have ten thousand paypal curl logs ... on my server.

Does anyone know if it is ok to delete the bulk of these files. I will of course keep a few hundred most recent.
    a) As for the PayPal Debug Log files, you can delete ALL of them.
    b) you DO NOT need to keep logging more of them unless you're trying to troubleshoot a particular problem. You can (and should) turn off the PayPal Debug Logging yourself: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

I don't know about the FedEx files you mention. Someone who uses that will have to answer for you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

There are a couple of threads overlapping this subject, and I'll put references to them here if you want to see them...

1. PayPal CURL Log

2. Debug Logging - PayPal

3. PayPal Logging Issue

The main thing I'm writing about on this is the last one (#3) because I'm experiencing the issue of PayPal logging successful transactions even though Debug Mode is set to OFF.

So I made a change that appears to work (and a question to DrByte to know if I have or haven't potentially screwed something up by doing this...!)

In the file: paypal_curl.php (cart version 1.3.9.h, btw)

About line #460

I changed this:

Code:
        if ((!in_array($operation, array('GetTransactionDetails','TransactionSearch'))) || (in_array($operation, array('GetTransactionDetails','TransactionSearch')) && !strstr($response, '&ACK=Success')) ) $this->_logTransaction($operation, $this->_getElapsed($start), $response, $errors . ($commErrNo != 0 ? "\n" . print_r($commInfo, true) : ''));
    To this:

Code:
        if ( in_array($operation, array('GetTransactionDetails','TransactionSearch')) && !strstr($response, '&ACK=Success') ) $this->_logTransaction($operation, $this->_getElapsed($start), $response, $errors . ($commErrNo != 0 ? "\n" . print_r($commInfo, true) : ''));
    So far, I have not had any successful transactions needlessly logged.

If DrByte could comment on this... (or anyone else)

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you've found something that works for your specific needs, sit back and relax and enjoy your coffee.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.