Plugin Contributions

red flag Problems with new template installation

Hello everyone! Im really so confused now what am i going to do with this. I have uploaded a new zen cart template. I ftp the files that i was instructed to my zen cart directory. After successfully uploading, i went to tools - template selection - but i couldn't see it there in the drop down menu. all i get is this error
    Catchable fatal error: Object of class queryFactoryResult could not be converted to string in /home/ocfashio/public_html/store/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 343

Im new to this sort of programming stuffs. I have just installed zen cart this morning and i wanted to change the template once and for all. Please help! Any suggestions will be highly appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with new template installation

This doesn't sound like the normal sorts of template problems.

Could you tell us some more about where you got the template from, where in your Zen Cart you uploaded it to, and the name (or names) of the top level directory that you uploaded?

Also, where on the template selection page do you see the error message (a screenshot would be helpful for this)?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

hi, i got the template from this: templatemonster.com i have uploaded it to public_html/mystore/ and it's only one folder that came from the zipped file which is includes folder only and an instructions.txt it says there that it will automatically overwrite existing files. i saw it on the admin-tools-new language- then this error. I'm really so frustrated now
    Ive been reading threads for like half a day trying to figure this out.
    Maybe it's with the template i purchased?

Plugin Contributions

A well-constructed template shouldn't need to overwrite any files.

Template Monster templates do often cause problems for Zen Cart, but have been better of late, and the problems don't usually occur during installation.

You haven't shown us the context in which the error is occurring which makes it hard to comment further, but in any case, have you asked Template Monster themselves about the problem? They will know their templates far better than most people on this forum (who don't or choose not to have access to them) and they have a professional support team.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)