Plugin Contributions

cart error Problems with "Blank Page" and I don't understand the PHP error log

Hi All,

I have read the thread
    Announcement: Getting a BLANK PAGE? Here's the answer ... 14th November 2008 DrByte (Sensei)

I have loaded the script and have the output, but don't understand how to fix it.

I seem to have a couple problems
    1. Banners load a blank page
    2. I cannot create sub categories

Problem 1. is the one I wish to deal with first. I am trying to use the banners as links to internal pages on my cart (not external links). When I purchased the template from TemplateMonster, this is the way it was working - I seem to have broken it *sigh*

When I open the cart to the front page I get this error from the log
    [28-Feb-2010 16:26:09] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/for49948/public_html/dev/includes/languages/english.php:1401) in /home/for49948/public_html/dev/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

When I click on one of the banners I get this
    [28-Feb-2010 16:33:58] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/for49948/public_html/dev/includes/languages/english.php:1401) in /home/for49948/public_html/dev/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78
    [28-Feb-2010 16:33:58] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/for49948/public_html/dev/includes/languages/english.php:1401) in /home/for49948/public_html/dev/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

Can someone please help me understand this and point me in the right direction on how to fix it.

Cheers,
    CabCat

On loading the

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with "Blank Page" and I don't understand the PHP error log

Quote Originally Posted by CabernetCat View Post
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/for49948/public_html/dev/includes/languages/english.php:1401) in...
    Looking up the message in the FAQ area brings up this article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with "Blank Page" and I don't understand the PHP error log

Thank you soooooo much DrByte.

This has been driving me spare for 48+ hours! I thought I had killed the whole thing somehow. THere were two spaces at the bottom of the file, once removed... PROBLEM SOLVED.... Woooo Hooo!!!