Plugin Contributions

Default CSS Style Sheets - what is the best way to make changes?

Hi, I have been working with Zen Cart for several months now...and I am trying to customize it as best that I can to match the brand.

On the home page I have new products appear in the center box column. What I would like to change is the font size, font, style and color. But I do not know where to do that in the style sheet or how to find it in the style sheet. In the current CSS folder I have print_stylesheet.css, stylesheet_boxes.css, stylesheet_css_buttons.css, stylesheet_main.css, stylesheet_tm.css, stylesheet.css. Which one do I use?

Below is a picture of one of the products that appears in the center column featuring new products of the month.

What is the appropriate header that I am looking for in the line breaks? Could it be, "/* ----------------------- PRODUCT BOXES ------------------------- */"?

Thank you in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CSS Style Sheets - what is the best way to make changes?

You've added a huge headache to your future with zencart by buying and installing a Template Monster template.

Sorry to alarm you, but these templates are so heavily customized that they are very complex to unpick. They also tend to disable many core zencart features and functions, and a lot of them conflict with add-on modules.

As you have a paid-for product, put pressure on the seller to provide you with support... (you're probably going to need it).
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

You need to install the Firefox browser and the Web Developer plugin for Firefox. You can use those to see where in the stylesheet you change the styling of the various sideboxes.

Ctrl-Shift-Y will allow you to hover over a section of the page and see the class and id names for that section in the box at the top. The statements in the stylesheet that begin with # are id's and the ones that begin with dots are classes.

Ctrl-Shift-E will open the CSS editor and allow you to edit the stylesheet and see the changes in real time without changing anything permanently. A very handy tool.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Stevesh for replying with a helpful response. I will try what you recommended.