Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Related Products

Ravi,

I just installed the Related Products Mod. It works excellent. I also didn't have the tpl_product_info_default.php file but after trying the fixes in this thread, I got it to work.

I have an online music store and I was just using text links to lead people to "related products" such as cases for guitars. Now I can have a few icon links to help people find what they are looking for.

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Betty,

If you haven't found out yet about increasing the amount of products shown, it's in includes/extra_data_files/related_products.php

Paul

Plugin Contributions

GREAT mod!!!

One small question but but it may not be related to the mod layout.

I like the table displaying where it is but how do I go about getting my "buy it now" button above it?

http://ljgdesign.com/index.php?main_...roducts_id=106

I want the price and buy it now button on top of the table.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi Gulhane View Post
    This module is to falicitate the users to upload attach other products to a specific product. This can be used in place of "Customers who bought this also bought" module, just this time you are in control of which products to be shown on which product page. This module works seperately without chnaging any core files, adds a option to upload add Related products for a product and show those products on product info page on the site.

Let me know in case of any problems with this..
    Hello Ravi,
    Thank you for this great mod .
    I started to use it and would like to know if their is a way to get a reciprocity between the related items. Because presently you can link a product toward others products but the destination product doesn't have links toward the product you come from.
    Or you have to create it by hand .
    Regards.

Plugin Contributions

Ravi- Thanks! This is a very good add-on, much needed. One of the things I think would be particularly useful would be to be able to display this only if the product is out of stock. When my customer comes to buy something by name, the last thing I want is to have them befuddled with choices that send them surfing around again.
    So, can anyone tell me the proper IF statement to box this up?
    PHP Code:
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_related_products.php'DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'templates'). '/' 'tpl_modules_related_products.php');?>
    like: IF product quantity < 1 { }?

Then, of course, the next step will be to allow only items in stock to appear in the list of related items. Don't want a frustrated customer.

Plugin Contributions

HI,

I have just installed this mod, and even though everything looks like it's working, it's not showing up in the shop.

I assume it's to do with the following installation instructions.

3, Then copy the below code to your tpl_product_info_default.php file which is located in includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/ (YOUR_TEMPLATE is your template name) or includes/templates/template_default/templates/ to the location you want the related products to display.

<?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_related_products.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/' . 'tpl_modules_related_products.php');?>

I don't have such a file in my template. I read in Ravi's Blog that it should be added in the file

tpl_product_info_display.php

Stuck again.... WHERE exactly should this be added ?

Can those that already have this mod installed and working please help, as it seems he is not around at the moment to give support.

thank you for your help

Plugin Contributions

Dustie, here's the fragment of my tpl_product_info_display.php that has the Related Products included:
    Code:
    <!--eof Reviews button and count -->

<!--bof Related Products -->
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_related_products.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/' . 'tpl_modules_related_products.php');?>
    <!--eof Related Products -->

<!--bof Prev/Next bottom position -->
    <?php if (PRODUCT_INFO_PREVIOUS_NEXT == 2 or PRODUCT_INFO_PREVIOUS_NEXT == 3) { ?>
    <?php
    Just locate the "<!--eof Reviews button and count -->" in your version of the file and copy the related-product's code there.

Plugin Contributions

I've followed the advice in this thread and the related products are still not showing up on the product page. Everything appears to be working fine in admin, just not showing up in cart.

Any ideas?

Faithfully,

Dawn
    http://www.faithfullyyours.net

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dstegall View Post
    I've followed the advice in this thread and the related products are still not showing up on the product page. Everything appears to be working fine in admin, just not showing up in cart.

Any ideas?

Faithfully,

Dawn
    http://www.faithfullyyours.net
    Nevermind, I figured it out. Was in wrong template folder.

Plugin Contributions

Perfect Mod. I take me hat off for you Ravi. Installed and works at first try with your instructions. Running on 1.3.9h without any problem. Related Products should be included as part of Zencart. I would recommend anyone with Zencart should have this mod.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast