Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Media Manager MP3 Player Support Thread

This is for anyone that has problems or questions about the Media Manager MP3 Player module from the add-on section.
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Media Manager MP3 Player Support Thread

Download the "Media Manager MP3 Player" module! You will have to go to Premium Beat's Website to download the Single-Track Player, but I will help anyone who doesn't understand how to set this up. If you would like help setting up another FLASH MP3 player, I will try to help with that, too.

Here are the install instructions:
    Installation instructions for Media Manager MP3 Player
    BACK UP YOUR DATABASE!!!

Go to: http://www.premiumbeat.com/flash_res...mp3_player.php and download the free single-track mp3 player ZIP folder. (You can also look at the FAQ section on this site for this player, but customization information is at the bottom of these installation instructions.)
    Unzip this folder on your computer, then follow these instructions.

Changed files: includes/templates/YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_media_manager.php

1. Upload the ALL of the following files from the Premium Beat ZIP folder to your store's media directory (ex: public_html/"STORENAME"/media/ or public_html/"STORENAME"/media/mp3/) THE EXACT SAME FOLDER (VERY IMPORTANT!) where you upload your music files for previews (It's best to upload all of the files supplied by the Premium Beat Zip folder, but these are the required files):
    PlayerLicense.doc
    playerSingle.swf
    swfobject.js

2. Now rename the folder titled YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE to your custom template name.

3. FTP (Upload) the "includes" folder to the same directory on your server, or use a file manager to upload the tpl_modules_media_manager.php file from includes/templates/YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE/templates/
    to the same path on your server.

4. Open tpl_modules_media_manager.php in a text editor, locate the following two lines:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.YOUR_DOMAIN.com/STORENAME/media/swfobject.js"></script>

and

SWFObject("http://www.YOUR_DOMAIN.com/STORENAME/media/playerSingle.swf"

change YOUR_DOMAIN to the name of your domain and STORENAME to the name of your store's main folder
    Note: If you upload the two files from step 1 to a subdirectory in /media/ you will change the above lines to something like:
    "http://www.YOUR_DOMAIN.com/STORENAME/media/SUBDIR/swfobject.js"
    and
    http://www.YOUR_DOMAIN.com/STORENAME/media/SUBDIR/playerSingle.swf"
    with SUBDIR being the name of your subdirectory (usually /mp3/).

5. Now use your Admin > Extras > Media Manager to upload ONE clip per Collection, and assign ONE collection to each music-type product.

6. DONE!

NOTE: This media player only plays one song (but the code in the tpl_modules_media_manager.php file makes it so that you can have a different song for different MUSIC-type products), and they have to be mp3! Sorry!

Extra Options:
    "mymovie", "192", "67", "7", "#FFFFFF"); Change "#FFFFFF" to any hexadecimal value you want to change the background color (leave # sign and quotation marks intact)
    so.addVariable("autoPlay", "no"); NOT RECOMMENDED, but you can make it so that the music starts playing automatically. Just change "no" to "yes". AGAIN THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED!

Add these lines directly below the other "so.addVariable" codes:
    so.addVariable("overColor","#000033") Change the overall color of the player.
    so.addVariable("playerSkin","1") There are 5 different "Styles" that you can use, just change the skin number between "1" and "5"

If you have any problems or questions about this module, visit: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150366

For information about setting up music previews using the Media Manager, visit: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=119
    Media Manager can be found in your admin interface's "Extras" heading.

Uninstall:
    Simply delete the files that you uploaded unless you deleted the tpl_modules_media_manager.php from your includes/templates/TEMPLATE_DEFAULT/templates/ folder. That's where the BACKUP comes in handy!
    Have a great day!
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much for posting this. I have followed your directions as far as they go. My question is - how can the player with the song be made to show in a sidebox? Instructions would be very helpful!

Plugin Contributions

I'll look into it and get back to you....
    There is a side-box add on that could be used ("flash hacks") but I couldn't get that one working on my site, so that's why I went with this one. I will see what I can do about getting this player to work in the side-boxes so that it only shows up on Music-product pages.
    Last edited by flipperry; 24 Mar 2010 at 07:48 PM.
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by flipperry View Post
    I'll look into it and get back to you....
    There is a side-box add on that could be used ("flash hacks") but I couldn't get that one working on my site, so that's why I went with this one. I will see what I can do about getting this player to work in the side-boxes so that it only shows up on Music-product pages.
    Thanks for any help you can offer. I actually want it to show up on an all-pages sidebox. My client's site is www.doodyhunters.com. He is featured in a radio spot and he would like it to be playable from a sidebox. I know it is possible with premiumbeat because I saw it on a zen website and it functioned exactly as I want it to - a player skin and a click-to-play.

Maybe it's as simple as using embed code - but I don't know.

Plugin Contributions

Welllll, in that case there is an admin-editable sidebox add-on that you could use.

I don't know what to do about multiple songs, I couldn't get that working... but the premium beat sample embed code should be all you need. Open it in a text editor, like notepad, and where it says "songpath" put the URL to the radio player???? (This would have to be the URL that would be used to link to the player on the radio website...) Then copy/paste the sample embed code into the editable sidebox.

Another option could be the blank sidebox add-on...

You could rename everything (editable_sidebox and blank_sidebox) so that it says music_sidebox (including ALL instances in the file names AND within the files themselves). Global-replace "blank" or "editable" with "music"
    as well as "BLANK" or "EDITABLE" with "MUSIC"

CAPS are important!

Let me know if this helps.
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents

Plugin Contributions

Are there any example sites where this add on module is working?

I've set everything up on my site per the instructions but the samples just the default way to play a music sample. No error messages or anything.

Zen Cart version 1.3.9b Site is http://ddoubleumusic.com

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by avpservices View Post
    Are there any example sites where this add on module is working?

I've set everything up on my site per the instructions but the samples just the default way to play a music sample. No error messages or anything.

Zen Cart version 1.3.9b Site is http://ddoubleumusic.com

Thanks.
    It WAS working on our shopping cart, but we upgraded to the newest version (1.3.9c) and now it's not working...

I will have to work with this and see if I can get it to work on the new 1.3.9 series... I will keep you posted.

It should still work on the 1.3.8 series, though...

I made it so that there is still the default way of playing the sample songs so that if for some reason, like now, the player doesn't show up. That way your customers can still preview the songs.
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents

Plugin Contributions

I am working on this dilema, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents

Plugin Contributions

OK, so here's the "fix" that I was able to find with DrByte's help...

In your media folder, there is a new .htaccess file (1.3.9a and later)...
    Open it (BACKUP FIRST) in an editor...
    Go to this line...
    Code:
    <FilesMatch "(.*\.(mp3|mp4|swf|avi|mpg|wma|rm|ra|ram|wmv)$)" >
    and change it to:
    Code:
    <FilesMatch "(^swfobject.js$|^playerSingle.swf$|.*\.(mp3|mp4|swf|avi|mpg|wma|rm|ra|ram|wmv)$)" >
    There are two "FilesMatch" lines. One has only ".*" and it denies everything that is not listed in the other line (the one above). Make sure you go to the line with file type extensions.
    All you are doing is adding the specific file names (safer than just file types because hackers love these file types) to the allowed files.

Let me know if there are any other problems.

And now you can see this module in action on our shopping cart... Here
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast