Plugin Contributions

Default Database setup error Help!!

on the Database setup screen it will not accept my host string it keeps giving me this error:

Connection to Database failed
    Unknown MySQL server host ' XXXXXXXX.db.52XXX44.hostedresource.com' (11004)
    (X's replace my details obviously)

I have tried the ip for the database ive tried only entering local host.
    I also called my host and they tested the database and said it tested fine so i am at a loss any help would be appreciated ty.

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Database setup error Help!!

MORE... I was looking in my phpadmin and zencart install has written the proper tables or files to my DB but still will not let me past the datadase setup Hmmmmmmmmm

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database setup error Help!!

Some databases (esp. on "cheaper" hosts) are not stored on the same server (or IP).

Look in phpMyAdmin and see what IP address is given there (usually at the top of the right-hand screen). Instead of localhost in your configure.php files, use that IP address.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Ty I will try this now brb

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    Some databases (esp. on "cheaper" hosts) are not stored on the same server (or IP).

Look in phpMyAdmin and see what IP address is given there (usually at the top of the right-hand screen). Instead of localhost in your configure.php files, use that IP address.
    After i tried the modification with the ip address i received the following errors:

# CURL requires SSL support. Please notify webmaster or hosting company. 28 => SSL connection timeout

# CURL problems detected: 28 => connect() timed out!

# CURL requires SSL support. Please notify webmaster or hosting company. 28 => connect() timed out!

Do i need to use the username@ip address instead of the IP via tcp

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The CURL errors are completely different than the IP address or database errors you were having.

CURL is used to talk to external servers, such as PayPal or USPS or UPS or Authorize.net or many other services which you might use in normal day-to-day operation of your store. If your server cannot use CURL due to configuraiton restrictions or firewall prohibitions set up by your hosting company, then you best find a host who can support your needs as an ecommerce client.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Would editing the configure.php files give me this error if they were incorrect? Right now i have a free hosting account i am using that came with my domain from godaddy so this could be the problem needing to upgrade to a paid account in your opinion would this fix these errors and allow me to continue with installation?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

First, I would *strongly* suggest that you carefully evaluate whether you really want to dare running an important ecommerce site on a second-rate hosting service such as GoDaddy. Do some solid research. Don't base your choice of vendor simply on their marketing skills or their apparent "name". You'll find much discussion which reveals the many ugly negative consequences of using them for your hosting of anything other than a couple pages of static information. If you want to run an advanced database-driven system like Zen Cart, you'll want something with the horsepower and technical skill offered by better hosts. See the recommended Hosts link at the top of this page for suggestions.

Second, no, editing your configure.php files will NOT solve your CURL problems. CURL is managed by the hosting company. I'm not surprised that their "free" hosting servers have significant limitations. Spammers and hackers love to abuse free hosting services, so you're probably getting mixed in with that category by using those services.
    Nevertheless, that said, I *have* put a quick test site on a free GD account in the past and not had any technical problems other than the inconvenience of adverts, and SLOWWWW performance.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    First, I would *strongly* suggest that you carefully evaluate whether you really want to dare running an important ecommerce site on a second-rate hosting service such as GoDaddy. Do some solid research. Don't base your choice of vendor simply on their marketing skills or their apparent "name". You'll find much discussion which reveals the many ugly negative consequences of using them for your hosting of anything other than a couple pages of static information. If you want to run an advanced database-driven system like Zen Cart, you'll want something with the horsepower and technical skill offered by better hosts. See the recommended Hosts link at the top of this page for suggestions.

Second, no, editing your configure.php files will NOT solve your CURL problems. CURL is managed by the hosting company. I'm not surprised that their "free" hosting servers have significant limitations. Spammers and hackers love to abuse free hosting services, so you're probably getting mixed in with that category by using those services.
    Nevertheless, that said, I *have* put a quick test site on a free GD account in the past and not had any technical problems other than the inconvenience of adverts, and SLOWWWW performance.
    I actually get what your saying about godaddys limit########s as i have a quick shopping cart with godaddy and its really a complicated time consuming software to work with and 9 times out of ten it does not work properly i am going to change hosting providers ty. for the heads up and for all of you help hope you have a great day and will be back on as soon as my providers are switched

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 3dsgiftsnThings View Post
    I actually get what your saying about godaddys limit########s as i have a quick shopping cart with godaddy and its really a complicated time consuming software to work with and 9 times out of ten it does not work properly i am going to change hosting providers ty. for the heads up and for all of you help hope you have a great day and will be back on as soon as my providers are switched
    eCommerce is serious business, and if you want the confidence of the people who matter MOST - your customers - then your webshop must operate as efficiently as possible.

Like any business, proper investment is required - and that includes finding a host who will not just "store files on a server" but who acts as your "silent partner", making sure that the efficiencies you seek are available, and reliable.

Before the advent of OpenSource eCommerce - when "online trading" was in its infancy, developing an eCommerce website was hugely expensive... tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Today, you can be trading online within a few hours, and for pretty much the small change in your wallet.

That's not a lot to have to invest, so choose a GOOD host as your starting point.
    20 years a Zencart User