Plugin Contributions

Default Search Function not working at all?

I have my site setup, running the latest version installed from simplescripts on hostmonster hosting...default template, and the search does not work. I do not remember changing any settings that would relate to search.

The problem is that when i search for a word, it says nothing is there, but if i skip the first character it works fine. Example... Searching "Windows" returns no results, but searching "indows" returns listings for windows products in the store.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Search Function not working at all?

I am also having the same issue using hostmonster as well. Did you find a solution?

Plugin Contributions

Default Internal Search not working for certain words

Hi,

I am running zen-cart version 1.3.8 and am having problems with my internal search. My site is www.usedraceskis.com and when I do a search for "Dynastar" no results return. But if I do a search for ynastar I get the 2 product results. Same goes for "salomon" and alomon. If you chop of the first letter of the search query the search engine returns the proper results. If you leave the fully search query it returns no results.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks for the help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Internal Search not working for certain words

Anyone have any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Just checking back in this still is not working?

Plugin Contributions

I tried various searches for various words within your Product names and many words get truncated in this manner ... and the same with the descriptions ...

But, I also noticed it is sporatic as in some words I can find and others I cannot without any rhyme or reason to this pattern ...

You may want to try some tests such as switch to Classic Template to rule out a template issue ...

You might want to use something like Beyond Compare from scootersoftware .com and see if there is something wrong on your code ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I tried various searches for various words within your Product names and many words get truncated in this manner ... and the same with the descriptions ...

But, I also noticed it is sporatic as in some words I can find and others I cannot without any rhyme or reason to this pattern ...

You may want to try some tests such as switch to Classic Template to rule out a template issue ...

You might want to use something like Beyond Compare from scootersoftware .com and see if there is something wrong on your code ...
    I tried to switch back to the classic template but the problem is still happening
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

I am using 1.3.8a - just newly installed on bluehost.com and have the same issue. I have another older site 1.3.7 on the same hosting and it does not have this problem.

I imported the database from my old site to the new site so the database was not hand entered. It seems to be working well and the data looks correct.

On my problem site if you search for "Pirate" you get just three results out of 20+ that should come up.

If you search "irate" (drop the first letter), the search works just fine and all results show. Capitalization makes no difference. Template make no difference.

I have spent quite some time going over my database (the data is not truncated there and i cannot see any difference between the items that come up ok on the search and the ones that don't.

Anyone have any idea on what is causing this? Its very odd and frustrating to run down.

I have some mods - (mostly the same as I have on the working site):

ceon URL
    credit card by phone
    Simple Google analytics
    Sophyblue template
    Supertracker
    SitemapXML
    Search_log 2.00 (had problem prior to installing search log)
    Superorders

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

John