Thread: Header

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Header

Hello,
    This is probably a stupid question but i cant for the life of me find out how to edit the header from within the admin console. I read in the book about it and it only states that it can be easily edited from within the admin console. I have the have the image in the image folder.. please help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Header

Depending on which part (background image or header) of the header you are changing, you might want to look at the following FAQs:

Goh Koon Hoek, author of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart".
    Printed book: www.lulu.com/content/10576284
    Electronic book and Errata: www.cucumbermedia.com/store

Plugin Contributions

Great thank you. I'm just trying to get all this figured out. Another question for you. I am trying to change the titles of the items in the more information category ex Page 2 etc.. I found the faqs for it and did as it advised. All it does is change the info on the page and not the heading title of the main page. Can you help with this?

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I understand what you mean, are you trying to change the title of the links in the More Information sidebox or change the heading in the define page itself? Perhaps this FAQ can help you?

I'm having problems changing the header too, I have done this 2 times on 2 othe rsites but this 3rd one is being difficult. i have followed all the directions, but I can't seem to get it. I am so stuck!

Plugin Contributions

Hi KH
    Not touching on zencart for many months, recently just got a cheap domain name from Siteground Hosting. Since I bought yr e-book, the installation of Zencart is ease, but come to replace the header main bar image and logo really wasted hrs over this issue. I've tried closely the steps but still cannot make it. includes/templates/CUSTOM/images/your_header_image. don't comprehend the statement. pls HELP.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Michael,

Check your Zen Cart installation and you should see the following file which is the header image for the default Classic template:

/includes/templates/classic/images/header_bg.jpg

Now what the statement in red you highlighted means is that you should place your header background image in your own custom template override directory. For example, if your template override directory is named "magic", then you can have the following header background image:

/includes/templates/magic/images/header_bg.jpg

Of course, your header image can be named differently. If that is the case, all you need to do is to override the stylesheet.css file (e.g. /includes/templates/magic/css/stylesheet.css) and edit the following piece of code by changing the "header_bg.jpg" to match your custom header image file:

HTML Code:
    #logoWrapper{
        background-image: url(../images/header_bg.jpg);
        background-repeat: repeat-x;
        background-color: #ffffff;
        height:75px;
        }
    Try re-reading the FAQ articles I quoted in my earlier post in this thread again to see if things work out this time.

Plugin Contributions

Hi KH
    I'm totally unable to find where to edit the code. My Zen cart as mentioned was installed through web hosting server, using the Fantastico De Luxe icon. I've the Zen cart C Panel, I can add category/products at this moment but unable to change the header. How to download header image which I've already created in photoshop and how/where to open the editor to edit html code as you had mentioned. "includes/templates/CUSTOM/images/your_header_image.???."

Plugin Contributions

Oh I see what you mean now.

Use a FTP client (e.g. Filezilla) to connect to your web host and navigate to the "/public_html" directory. The "public_html" directory is your server's document root. If your website is at http://www.yourdomain.com/store then navigate to "/public_html/store". The FTP client allows you to upload/download files to your server.

From the above directories, navigate down to the directories I highlighted in my earlier posts and see if you find the files I mentioned earlier. If you need to edit any file, download the file to your PC before uploading it to the server again. Just be sure to use a proper text editor (e.g. Crinsom Editor) instead of NotePad or Microsoft Word when editing any php files.

Alternatively, instead of the FTP client, you can also use the File Manager application in your CPanel to navigate through your server's file system.

Plugin Contributions

Tks, I got it. How to change the measurement 760 by 110? Tried Tools>Developers Kit...still unable to change the measurement!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast