Plugin Contributions

Default Re-Renaming Admin Folder

Hi
    Attempted to re- rename my admin folder & /admin/includes/configure.php as per FAQ instructions...
    ....have successfully done this before without problems, so not sure what is going on this time.

After doing all the changes, and attempting to login to admin with my 'new URL' got a 'no input file specified'

Reinspected the 'updated' config file; the changes were present. Looked again - was unable to open file on the server side!

In a mad panic, i re-uploaded my backed up config file & renamed folder to what it was. (works again - can access admin) - but still unable to open the config file on the server side (of my ftp prog) permission is set to 644.

I am able to open any other file.

There is a config.php~ file sitting under the orig one dated around the time of initial instal of ZC. It has an icon that usually shows if it is an unknown format. what would this file be?

Just wondering if someone could help, as I'm not sure what's going on

Many thanks

Default Re: Re-Renaming Admin Folder

The config.php~ is a temporary swap file that stores the changes you are making on the file before saving it. As it seems the connection was interrupted before you saved the file. Or if you were editing it locally you have uploaded the whole folder while you were editing the config file and have not closed it.

As for not being able to edit the file - you can try deleting the swap file and then try open the config again. Also you can check whether the file ownership got messed up for some reason. It is possible (although not probable) that the file ownership got mixed up when you were uploading it if it was not able to write the file or due to the fact that there was a temporary swap file existing etc. If this happened you might have to contact your host and ask them to fix the ownership. Still this is not really probable.

Finally, when altering the configuration file you need to edit 3 options:

DIR_WS_ADMIN
    DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN
    DIR_FS_ADMIN

If you have done it you should not experience troubles accessing the admin backend. Also bear in mind that it is best to logout of the administration area and clear the ZenCart cache so no old cookies/cache issues occur.
    We know Zen Cart, because our customers love it!
    SiteGround Team Member

Plugin Contributions

Hi martinvelikov,

Thanks so much for your answer - I will try & follow your suggestions; I'll delete the swap file; by file ownership - do you mean permissions?

I did edit the 3 options (even checked like 6 times, and had 'copied & pasted' the new name to avoid 'typos')

With 'clearing cache' you mean just via my browser? Do you think that the 'no input file specified' may be a symptom of uncleared cache?

Many thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Hi, had a simular problem but with diff error. Just make sure your editing the correct configure.php file

/admin/includes/configure.php

not

/admin/configure.php