Having customers enter their discount codes on the home page of the storefront... once entered they can see the discount applied to the product pages during the shopping process and through checkout.

I seen this on another store and thought the idea was a great solution to a problem I am having!

Here's my problem. Paypal Express Checkout and customers wanting to use discount codes. The problem is my customers are shopping, adding stuff to the cart, then they want to checkout and see two options... Paypal Express Checkout and the regular Checkout button. So of course they use the Express checkout and wouldn't you know it they are taken to Paypal's website with no way to enter the discount code to get their 20% off. So they drop the sale and say screw it. Maybe they try it again thinking they missed something but end up in the same situation.

The problem is customers can only enter their discount codes on the normal checkout... which would be fine... except I need Express as an option because its better than using the other Paypal option in Zencart.

Another issue. Even if a customer does use regular checkout and enters their discount and the discount is shown... When they go to Paypal to make a payment the amount of the sale shown is the original amount before the disount is applied. The actual amount charged is the sale amount but they don't know that! All they see is no discount at the payment Paypal level and again... stop the sale.

What I was thinking is if the customers can redeem their discounts right from the jump... then not only would it entice them to buy more because they see the discount applied... But also whatever payment method they use the final amount being charged should be the same either way WITH the discount applied!

Can someone please help me out with this?????

Thanks Zen guru's!