Plugin Contributions

Default How can I use product listing from external site via webservice?

Our shop will be using the product inventory that is provided to us via webservice. We currently use ZenCart and it is populated only with the products we carry. But now we have been given access to their Real-Time product inventory via webservice. This enables our site to display products and their status as reported by our supplier ... in realtime. It also enables us to use a "drop shipment" process.

We want to be able to use Zen Cart to access and display that product inventory as well as our products (in our database).

What is the best way to go about doing this?

Thank You

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I use product listing from external site via webservice?

Unless the format of their product feed (possibly an XML feed, I don't know) is configured to match the database structure of zencart, this will not be easy...

There is no way anyone here can offer help, because we have no idea how this "feed" is supplied, the format being used, or the nature of the data that is inculded.

I do know of dropshippers who customize their feeds to suit different eCommerce platforms, and who then assist shop owners to set up the receipt of this data (using CRON and various PHP files), but this is somthing you need to discuss with the drop-shipper.

If they provide a regular spreadsheet (daily, possibly), then you could use Easy Populate to re-jig the data - but this is a manual procedure.
    19 years a Zencart User