Plugin Contributions

Default HTML emails not formatted properly

I just noticed my receipt emails emails not arriving correctly. See attached image.

Settings are:
    Zen 1.3.7.1
    E-Mail Transport Method: PHP (also tried sendmail)
    Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails: True

I've tried the Tools>Send Mail and that seems to be stripping the html out as well. I'm not sure where to look for the source of the problem.

I'm using Outlook to read emails but also sent one to Yahoo and got the same result.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HTML emails not formatted properly

Your webserver is probably stripping out the HTML content because you're sending emails unauthenticated and thus they look like spam.
    So, use SMTPAUTH transport method instead of PHP or sendmail.

If that doesn't work as desired, test it in the latest version before going to a lot of trouble investigating your older version.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...HTML_format.3F

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried SMTPAUTH but that didn't make any difference.

The trouble shooting guide didn't reveal any issues either. Is there something about 1.3.8a that handles email differently? I've installed carts using that version but don't recall any of the email options being different.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

138 is a year's worth of bugfixes and feature improvements over 137. And yes, many of those affected email.

And v1.3.9 is a couple years' worth of still more fixes and improvements, including security updates.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I've not yet managed to send any emails in HTML format and would appreciate some advice if possible please as I'm going round in circles.

I have a new site running on v1.3.9e. I've installed the Cork_Board template. The email transport method is set to SMTPAUTH and the mails send ok, but arrive as text only.

This is both automatically generated emails, such as order confirmation and emails generated in Admin home/tools/send email (where they preview fine).

Thanks
    Natalie

Plugin Contributions

DUH!!! I clearly need a holiday...

Fixed it myself as I'd not changed the default in Configuration/Customer Details/Default Customer Default Email Preference to HTML...

Natalie

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for taking the time to post your solution! You may have saved someone else the headache.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.