Plugin Contributions

Default Coupons: Add hundreds (fast), checkout w/o entering payment if coupon covers all?

Hey All,

I did search, but didn't find a satisfactory answer yet.

I have a company send me customers (customers buy deal at 3rd party site, then get send to my store). I will enter their 'deal' as coupon code in my ZC store 1.3.8.

I am expecting a few hundred customers (all with their individual codes) and would like to know if there is an easy way of entering those codes?

Also, the coupon is for a fixed money amount. Is it possible to select something like 'only use coupon money amount' during checkout, so that the customer does not have to enter their credit card info?

Or at least make it possible to checkout if the coupon covers all expenses? Wouldn't that make sense - do you know a work-around?

Thanks for reading!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupons: Add hundreds (fast), checkout w/o entering payment if coupon covers all?

Could you give an example of what these Coupons (deals) would be giving to the Customer ...

Are Coupons unique to that customer? Or could more than 1 customer have the same coupon (deal)? Or, could the "deal" be the same but the Coupon code be different?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupons: Add hundreds (fast), checkout w/o entering payment if coupon covers all?

The coupon is a fixed dollar amount off complete purchase price (incl. shipping).
    The coupon code is unique to each customer.

I think I may have a work-around for the checkout procedure. I relabeled the COD option to read "CHECKOUT WITH COUPON ONLY (select this only if the coupon code covers the order total displayed above, otherwise select your payment option below to cover the remaining amount.)"

This is not the prettiest option, but may be sufficient for the time being. I would rather have some sort of function available that compares the total purchase amount with the coupon value and then has the customer checkout without entering his cc info.

Plugin Contributions

Do you get a spread sheet or anything from where the customers are obtaining the codes from?

Or, do you provide them with the codes to pass out to the customers?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I will be getting some sort of spreadsheet with the customer and according coupon code info.

Plugin Contributions

You could probably customize or have customized for you an importer to add the coupons to the coupons table and coupons_description table to ensure that they are created correctly ...

Then, the coupons can work properly with your Zen Cart shop and things would look more professional ...

I would check with whoever will be sending you this information to see if you can get a sample format of it and either you can write this code or perhaps post in the Commercial Help Wanted forum for someone to write it for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

O.K> - I'll check out the table myself first Although I am very novice at this .... I'll make sure to back things up before messing around with it.

Thanks for the quick answers!