Plugin Contributions

Default Duplicate email address error with customizations to Edit Orders addon

I have disabled my login system so that users can go through a quick checkout with only 4 fields required (first name, last name, e-mail, and phone number). The system works perfectly except for one issue.

I am getting an error when I try and update an account in the admin control panel. This is the error that I get: "This email address already exists!"

Obviously since I have disabled the login area and changed the create new account form to be 4 fields only, having duplicate e-mails is one byproduct. I can delete any duplicate customers, but I need to disable the duplicate email error in the admin area when I do a customers update.

This all happens when I try and update an existing customer. I looked at this file: includes>modules>pages>account_edit>header_php.php and found this code (Line #79- #88):
    Code:
    if ($check_email->fields['total'] > 0) {
        $error = true;
        $messageStack->add('account_edit', ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_ERROR_EXISTS);
        // check phpBB for duplicate email address
        if ($phpBB->phpbb_check_for_duplicate_email(zen_db_input($email_address)) == 'already_exists' ) {
          $error = true;
          $messageStack->add('account_edit', 'phpBB-'.ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_ERROR_EXISTS);
        }
      }
    I changed both to: $error = false; and I am still getting the error. Once again I only get this error when I try and edit an existing customer that has duplicate accounts created (by going through checkout more than once).

Know how I can make this duplicate e-mail error disappear in the admin>customers>edit area?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Duplicate email address error

Anybody?

Plugin Contributions

Just as a point of interest.

When you do have duplicate e-mails, what happens to your status update e-mails etc.? From my understanding, customers will now recieve e-mails for orders they did not place?

Or do I misread your post?

Plugin Contributions

Loius only one e-mail address per order is allowed (There are no errors). I have made so many changes please let me explain:
    • My products are called events.
    • Instead of create an account you register for an event. This registration is first name, last name, e-mail, and phone number (Have easy orders, fec, and some other modudles installed with lots of tweaks to make this happen).
    So a person can add products (events) to their cart and when they click checkout they are taken to a register (registration) page with 4 simple fields. They review their order and click pay at event or pay now. Done.

This system has many tweak but basically since there is no log in area, I already diabled the duplicate e-mail error during registration, so that the same person can later attend an event. If I didn't do this it wasn't possible for the same person to attend an event with the same e-mail address at a later date (Because the log in system would have made them log in first). Plus my clients were adamant they did not want a log in system. Make sense?

The system is working perfectly except one thing. In the admin>orders area I am getting the duplicate e-mail error if I try and modify their current order. I need to remove this error. This should be a simple php tweak but I cannot find it. Anyone know how to find and remove or change this code?

The only problem is that I need to remove duplicate orders so when I send a bulk e-mail through my newsletter I don't send multiple copies to the same person (who may have 9 orders with the same e-mail address).

I have a months worth of work and thought on this (basically I used Zen cart for an events scheduler) and this one minor change is all I need to fix. Please help.

Plugin Contributions

Louis I also want to explain this better. I am getting this error in my admin>orders>edit orders area. The e-mail address is already populated because the order (attend event) has already been placed.

All I am trying to do is make another change during edit order and this error occurs. So regardless of what would happen if the error where not there, I still need to make other changes to this area (the e-mail address is already been assigned to this order regardless of whether or not this error shows).

I am going to have multiple orders with the same e-mail address because it's already been configured this way and has been tested thoroughly. Now I just need to remove that error code in the edit order area only (It's been removed from all other areas already).