Plugin Contributions

Default In need of shipping help, 3 different amounts for each item, nothing more..

I need some help with this idea. I am not a Zen Cart expert but am helping out a friend.

I want to setup 3 different shipping amounts for each and every product. That's all. I do not want prices based on UPS, or weight, or anything. I simply want the option to manually enter 3 different shipping numbers. 1 will be for Canada, 1 for US, and 1 for international.

He is willing to enter a different price in each box no problem but won't leave it up to UPS to get the shipping charges. Is there an app that I can install to allow different shipping rates for each product? If anyone can help me with this I will pay for setup, it just needs to get done. please.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: In need of shipping help, 3 different amounts for each item, nothing more..

This looks like a good candidate for Conor Kerr's Advanced Shipping Module.

Go HERE for more info.

Very easy to install, and will handle practically every shipping configuration imaginable.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: In need of shipping help, 3 different amounts for each item, nothing more..

You could try 3 copies of the Flat Rate Clone module and rename them Canada, US, International.
    The user would check the appropriate box in the checkout.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by perfect concepts View Post
    You could try 3 copies of the Flat Rate Clone module and rename them Canada, US, International.
    The user would check the appropriate box in the checkout.
    Good idea... however, I would take it a step further and set up the 3 zones with appropriate zone definitions, then apply each one of these clones to a specific zone.

In this way, only the module that is appropriate to the customer's shipping address will be offered at checkout. The others won't even be visible.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

These are all great ideas and I want to thank you for them. I will try to mess around and figure it out. As I said I am just helping a friends of mine and my zencart experience is very limited.

Plugin Contributions

I still can't figure it out for my friend, he is in a real bind here. I find it hard to believe that zen cart doesn't offer something as simple as 3 different zones where you enter the price of shipping for each, makes no sense to me

The reason I can't use flat rate is because almost every product is different in size, shape & weight, that's why flat rates won't work. he might only have 1 of a certain product. Think of it as a junk yard for cars. You might have a door, and a bumper, and then a small clamp, so shipping varies greatly depending on the product.

This is why every product needs to have 3 zones, each zone will have different shipping prices. It's rare 2 products will be the same shipping costs.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
    I find it hard to believe that zen cart doesn't offer something as simple as 3 different zones where you enter the price of shipping for each, makes no sense to me
    As there are almost as many shipping requirements as there are zencart users, the CORE zencart must offer "generic" solutions. It is unreasonable to expect this software to try to meet every custom requirement.

Furthermore (and the technique has been outlined in this very thread), a LOT of shipping systems can be accommodated by creating and using "clones" of existing modules.

If you want a TOTAL solution, then go to dev.ceon.net and consider Connor Kerr's Advanced Shipper. If any module can do what you want, it will be this one.
    19 years a Zencart User