Plugin Contributions

Default 1054 Unknown column 'zen_order_id' in 'field list'

Hi, searched the forums but couldn't find anything the struck my eye.
    I'm currently setting up a site using Heart Internet as the host, and ZenCart (1.3.8a) as the shopping cart.
    It seems that everything is in order, however when payments are concerned PayPal will happily take payments, however it won't redirect back to the site, nor will it forward the IPN information to find out what was bought & by whom within the shopping carts admin side.
    The error message I receive is the following;
    1054 Unknown column 'zen_order_id' in 'field list'
    in:
    [SELECT zen_order_id, paypal_ipn_id, payment_status, txn_type, pending_reason FROM paypal WHERE txn_id = 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' OR parent_txn_id = 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' ORDER BY zen_order_id DESC ]
    And it comes up each time when PayPal should be redirecting back to the site.
    I've disabled all payment modules except for PayPal Website Payments Standard, the return url has been put into paypal (and if I click to cancel out before buying an item in the test, it'll return to the shopping cart no problem) as have the IPN details....
    So unless the ipn_main_handler.php file is buggy (aint touched it) I'm guessing there's a problem within the database, which isn't where my expertise lies....Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards, Dave.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal IPN & Database issue

Search the forum for paypal "unknown column" - lots of threads. It may be a PHP version problem.

You might also consider switching to the more modern and much more stable Paypal Express module.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1054 Unknown column 'zen_order_id' in 'field list'

Paypal Express I did try out but that was when I noticed this problem when testing it.
    Plus I was going to try and use the customer profiles on zen cart to see where interests lay in similar products...
    I'll do the search and start trawling through them.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1054 Unknown column 'zen_order_id' in 'field list'

In v1.3.8 (and 138a), the "zen_order_id" field name was renamed to minimize confusion when people were foolishly hacking around their databases to change "zen_" prefixes.
    So, the SQL upgrade from v137 to 138 does the rename.

However, some people seem to have run the 137-to-138 upgrade in zc_install without also upgrading all their PHP files to v138 as well. Thus resulting in the error you're reporting.

The ultimate solution is to complete the upgrade properly so that your PHP files are at 138 level so they're looking for information matching your database structure which appears to be at 138 level.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.