Plugin Contributions

Default How can I tell if I have Add-ons installed?

I'm having several problems in trying to upgrade Zen-cart and will post each problem separately. Firstly, I did not do the original install but have taken over the site maintanence. Secondly, I am trying to upgrade from v1.3.0 to v1.3.8.
    Now for this question. How do I tell if there have been any add-ons? The upgrade tutorial says to make a list of the ones that have been installed. I don't have anything to tell me if any were installed, so how can I find out this info?
    Thanks
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I tell if I have Add-ons installed?

Having a list of addons makes upgrading much easier because you have a frame of reference for which files you would "expect" to be different from the original files. And which ones are intentionally "extra" files.

If you don't have the luxury of a list of added addons, you'll have to build your own by trial and error as you work your way through comparing your current site files against the original untouched files for the version you're using.

There's no hard-and-fast rule for identifying what addons exist in a 1.x.x site. Sometimes you'll get lucky and see readme files. Sometimes you'll see added files (not in original file set) which have filenames indicating what they're for. Sometimes the added files will contain comments indicating what the files are for which may give a clue to what addon they're part of. Sometimes altered files will contain comments next to any changes made which might give a clue to their origin.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. Can you give me an example of an add-on?

Plugin Contributions

Well toot! That is not what I meant to ask but it's okay because I found my answer to the question I didn't ask! LOL