Plugin Contributions

Default Factusol (spanish) invoicing - Zen Cart connector

This is a bit of information for people with a zen cart in spain or spanish-speaking locales looking for a invoicing/accounting solution to tie into their cart.
    After much internet searching I had found nothing until a human told me about this, so I am hoping a post here may help other searchers.

I have started looking at Factusol:

sistemasmultimedia.com

This is a free-to-use invoicing application. The company gets their money from paid support.
    The program is in Spanish and has localisation options for Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatamala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Republica Dominicana, Spain, Uruguay, Venezuela. I have only used the Spanish option so I don’t know how successful the other localisations are.
    Without going into marketing, I have found it does all I need and has a good reputation.

I was led to this as there already exists a connector to link it to oscommerce:
    factusol-oscommerce.es

and I thought it would be possible to port this for use with Zen Cart.

The spanish developers of FSx-Connector do not think there is any demand from Zen Cart users to warrant them doing a Zen Cart version.
    Of course they are happy for me to pay for it, but since their idea of a quote is “how much have you got to spend” (literally) I am having a long look at it first.

I have set up their trial (Basic) version with oscommerce and it does what it purports to correctly, so I will continue to consider this an option.

In the meantime, does anyone else here use Factusol and would be interested in such a connector?

Regards
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Factusol (spanish) invoicing - Zen Cart connector

FYI

Factusol looks ok and is complete but the poor implementation of the install/uninstall means I stopped evaluating it.

After the install, when opening other (unrelated) programs the Factusol installer would start up multiple times until the new program was fully loaded.

After uninstall, IE was completely broken - I had to install Factusol again to get it to work.

So, beware.

The interfacing to osc involved uploading to its own built-in online shop, then using the osc admin to import/export across the dbs. Messy.

I decided to go with Qfacwin, which has its own gotchas re. a sloppy interface to zen cart but the import/export does work more or less...

If anyone is interested I can post a full set of instructions.

regards
    Steve