Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Switching Server Hell

Can someone please help me. I am switching my server from 1and1 to justhost. The installation of zencart seems to be fine. However, when I use the fix cache key I run into all sorts of problems. The prefix on the install of the DB was always " " but with the new install it becomes "zen_". So I switch it back to the orginal methods and now I get the following:

1146 Table 'XXXXXXX_zc1.sessions' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select value from sessions where sesskey = '334fec8e718e36409ff4c0ac54793c14' and expiry > '1270824861']

How do I begin to fix this problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Switching Server Hell

If you do the install by hand, then you can specify the appropriate prefix during the zc_install step where you enter database details.
    That gives you the most control over how it behaves, and will remove a lot of your stress.

This FAQ article was written with that purpose in mind: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I did the install by hand and then I had a blank screen. Either way, I don't think it's a problem with the install. It seems to be something with the database and fixing cache.

Plugin Contributions

As Dr Byte says... If you perform a manual install, then YOU have the option of assigning a prefix. If you don't assign a prefix during the manual install, the database tables will not have a prefix.

Typically, a "fantastico" install WILL automatically assign the zen_ prefix, so I have to conclude that you did not actually do a manual install, but used either fantastico or another server-side install script to do the install for you.
    20 years a Zencart User

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your database table names need to reflect the same DB_PREFIX you've specified during installation.
    If you're getting "table doesn't exist" errors, then you've got one or the other wrong.

If you're getting blank screens, then you need to fix the PHP errors that are causing those:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I'm going to make some assumptions here about the technique you used to move to the new host.

1. You backed up everything on the old server and/or then downloaded copies.

2. You set up a database on the new server and then imported the old database into it (so you have a database without any table prefixes).

3. You created another database in order to run a fantastico install, and within a minute or two, fantastico had a fresh installation for you.

3. You then edited the fantastico installation's configure.php files to point the site to the copied database.

4. you then experienced problems...

Try this...

Go into the two configure.php files and remove zen_ from the defines which state this parameter.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Yes Schoolboy, you nailed what I did exactly. Anyway, it was a nightmare. I server was down since Friday. I believe that the problem resulted because the new host had the same issue as the old host. When I tried to upload my old database it kept getting a time out error so only upload portions of my database up to P. Everything else was not uploaded. Overall, I just canceled the entire thing and stayed with my horrible host. I didn't have the time required to invest in making the new host work. My server was down all weekend. Just came back up today as a result of the transfer. Absolute nightmare. All in all, I'll be stuck with my host for the next year.

Plugin Contributions

To avoid time out errors try using gzipped files, worked for me.

Plugin Contributions

I fail to see how DrByte's link in post #2 doesn't work, assuming you follow it line by line

I've even followed that advice for GoDaddy transfers and it worked... I don't think I need to say more, other than try again, but this time really follow it word for word and don't skip anything

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lost and Confused View Post
    Yes Schoolboy, you nailed what I did exactly. Anyway, it was a nightmare. I server was down since Friday. I believe that the problem resulted because the new host had the same issue as the old host. When I tried to upload my old database it kept getting a time out error so only upload portions of my database up to P. Everything else was not uploaded. Overall, I just canceled the entire thing and stayed with my horrible host. I didn't have the time required to invest in making the new host work. My server was down all weekend. Just came back up today as a result of the transfer. Absolute nightmare. All in all, I'll be stuck with my host for the next year.
    Oops. I missed this one.

So for the sake of, what? $4 a month you pay now? and upgrading to $4.50, you are willing to compromise your potential earnings?

If your host is pants then just switch and bite the bullet and buy some decent hosting.

Do that, then try get a refund from your original hosting, tell them it was not suitable for what you intended and you'd like to cancel the contract as their website/advertising was unclear

Oh, but make sure its working on the new host before you start dishing out legalities... professionally speaking here, my temper has dumped me in all manner of problems for not doing the simplest of things like this LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast