Thread: Attributes

Plugin Contributions

Default Attributes

Hi,

I am trying to create drop down attributes on a product.

On one particular product (mudflaps) I would like to create a number of attribute options: Flap Colour, Decal Colour, Red or Orange Inserts, and Decal or Plain.

E.g. Flap Colour would have the options of: Red, Black, White, Blue or Yellow.

And then I would like each 'attribute option' to have their own options but all of these are on one product.

I have the ZenCart E-Book but after following the step-by-step instructions I seemed to have not created anything...

All I seemed to have done is move from page to page?

I would like 'drop-down' attributes... Can some one tell me how to create this but could you explain in very lamens terms as the Zen Cart Book just doesn't appear to be in english to me lol

Thank you in advance and kind regards

Charlotte

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes

Hello and welcome to the world of Zencart! I hope you're using the latest version of zencart and your attachments are all working well.

I found attributes to be quite tricky when I first started using them, but when I got the hang of them it all made sense .

It sounds like you need to insert your names (colour, decal colour) in the 'option names' part of the attributes controller. Put them in there and add a sort value if you need to.

Then go to the 'option values' part of the attributes controller. from there choose which option name you want to add a value to.

For example, once 'colour' is added as an 'option name' then you can go to 'option values', choose 'colour' in the drop down box and type in the option value black. Then repeat the process for green, brown orange etc....

To make these attributes show is another thing, go to attribute controller, choose your category and then your item, and add attributes to it!

Once you get the hang of it you'll be laughing.

Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

I see now that it would have been much easier for me to just have posted this link... https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=57

remember to always check the FAQ's before posting on the forum!!

Plugin Contributions

What you're describing (I think) is what's called 'dependent attributes', where one attribute selection determines what other attributes are available. You can't do that in Zencart now.