Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Sometimes when I click "buy now", "Your shopping cart is empty" appears

Hello everybody,

When I click "add to cart" or "buy now" on the product listing page, sometimes the product is just not added to my cart, and the page switches to my empty shopping cart page. Then I have to go back and click to buy the product again till it is finally added to the cart.

I don't know what could be the cause of it. Does anybody encounter this before? I really need your help!

Many thanks in advance,
    Ashely

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sometimes when I click "buy now", "Your shopping cart is empty" appears

Quote Originally Posted by Ashely View Post
    Hello everybody,

When I click "add to cart" or "buy now" on the product listing page, sometimes the product is just not added to my cart, and the page switches to my empty shopping cart page. Then I have to go back and click to buy the product again till it is finally added to the cart.

I don't know what could be the cause of it. Does anybody encounter this before? I really need your help!

Many thanks in advance,
    Ashely
    What version PHP?

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sometimes when I click "buy now", "Your shopping cart is empty" appears

Hi Melanie,

I'm experiencing the same problem. At times I may have to click add to cart 2-3 times before it actually does add to the cart. My server is running php 5.2.6, let me know what add'l info you might need to help diagnose the problem :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by litepockets View Post
    Hi Melanie,

I'm experiencing the same problem. At times I may have to click add to cart 2-3 times before it actually does add to the cart. My server is running php 5.2.6, let me know what add'l info you might need to help diagnose the problem :)
    Have link?
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Melanie,

I'm a dunce, I didn't search deep enough apparently... Found http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113844 which was the offending problem.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    What version PHP?

~Melanie
    My PHP version is 5.2.9.

Hi Melanie,

I'm a dunce, I didn't search deep enough apparently... Found http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113844 which was the offending problem.
    I tried the method saitomedia posted - by adding "php_flag suhosin.session.encrypt off" into the .htaccess alongside the public_html folder. But then the website is just down and says there's an internal error. So I'm not sure if my problem is not the same one they posted about, or if I misunderstood something and did it in a wrong way...
    Have you got it solved, litepockets?

Thanks again,
    Ashely

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ashley, please post .htaccess file

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ashley, please post .htaccess file
    I just created a new .htaccess file in which I write the following text:
    php_flag suhosin.session.encrypt off

I put this file just under my root folder where the public_html is there too.

Is there anything wrong here?

Thanks again,
    Ashely

Plugin Contributions

The .htaccess goes in the same directory that holds you admin directory, includes directory, images directory, etc. This is called your store root directory. In some cases it may be different than your real "root" directory. For example, a domain with zen-cart installed like www.domain.com/store/ would have "store" as their root directory. Inside store, u would find the admin folder, images, etc.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

The .htaccess goes in the same directory that holds you admin directory, includes directory, images directory, etc. This is called your store root directory. In some cases it may be different than your real "root" directory. For example, a domain with zen-cart installed like www.domain.com/store/ would have "store" as their root directory. Inside store, u would find the admin folder, images, etc.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Thanks much for your reply. Sorry for confusing you.

But I tried putting the modified .htaccess into the root folder too. However, the same problem occurred - "500 Internal Server Error". I think I must get something wrong in the .htaccess. The content is as follows:
    Code:
    php_flag suhosin.session.encrypt off

RewriteEngine On

# Don't rewrite any URIs ending with a file extension (ending with .[xxxx])
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.[a-zA-Z]{2,4}$
    # Don't rewrite admin directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/admin.* [NC]
    # Don't rewrite editors directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/editors.* [NC]
    # Don't rewrite cPanel directories
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/cpanel.* [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/frontend.* [NC]
    # Handle all other URIs using Zen Cart (index.php)
    RewriteRule (.*) index.php?%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    I just added "php_flag suhosin.session.encrypt off" on the first line of the existing file..

Many thanks again for your time and patience, litepockets.

Ashely

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast