Plugin Contributions

Default Quick Search Sidebox Contribution

I've decided to package up a little code for the benefit of others. Its what I call a quick search sidebox. To see it in action, go to -> http://www.fashionettes.com and look in the left column, half way down.

Please note that this is NOT a plug and play contribution, and if you are not comfortable with editing basic html this mod is not for you. I've included the code as seen on fashionettes.com to be used as an example. You will have to alter the tpl sidebox file included in the zip.

Get the mod here:
    http://www.moissaniteco.com/mods/qui...ch_sidebox.zip

Also, if anyone is interested in a more advanced version of this using javascript, please let me know. With this, the options in the 2nd dropdown are contingent on what is selected in the first dropdown. For example, if shirt is selected from the first dropdown, the options that appear in the 2nd dropdown are 'short sleeve,' 'long sleeve,' etc. If pants are selected, different options appear in the 2nd dropdown. And so forth.

Note: there are hardly no products on www.fashionettes as of right now so nothing will come up in the advanced search results, but you can see the keywords in the url.
    Last edited by voltage; 18 Jun 2006 at 02:49 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quick Search Sidebox Contribution

Can you update the link to the file. It doesn't seem to be up anymore!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quick Search Sidebox Contribution

Since voltage's most recent post was 15th July 2009, 09:28 PM, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a response:)
    ...Although his profile says he was last active on January 8th, so maybe it is possible... or maybe that mod was superseded by some stock zen Cart capability in the 4 1/2 years since the OP.
    Last edited by gjh42; 3 Feb 2011 at 10:16 AM.