Plugin Contributions

Default International Shipping

Hi. I'm based in the UK and want to offer international shipping. I have enabled the Zones in the shipping module and created TWO zones, one for Europe and another for Rest of World. I have put my postage calculations in and done everything else in this module. When I create a test transaction and click on "Checkout" I just get a blank page.

I have the error log which says "PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/blackwo/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/zones.php:59) in /home/blackwo/public_html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 87" but I dont know what this means. Line 87 says " header('Location: ' . $url);"

Is there anything else I should do to enable this international shipping?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: International Shipping

Check the language file listed and see if you have blank space(s) or blank line(s) at the end of the file after the closing php bracket ?> that error ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

There's no empty lines or spaces after the closing tag, thats what I thought at first. I only get a blank page when the Zones in the Shipping module is active. If I remove it, everything works fine.

Plugin Contributions

There are only 29 lines and double spaced is 58 ... your error is on 59 ... so it really sounds like blank space(s) or blank line(s) in the file on the server ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Excellent, Thanks. I was looking in /home/blackwo/public_html/includes/functions/functions_general.php instead of /home/blackwo/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/zones.php

Plugin Contributions

Hi This is probably a stupid question BUT .. how does one test international shipping quotes .. in the shipping estimator I put in say Japan as my country, Tokyo as my province .. then it wants a zip code. I have been on to sites that give postcodes but they want street names, suburbs etc which of course I do not have.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bron1 View Post
    Hi This is probably a stupid question BUT .. how does one test international shipping quotes .. in the shipping estimator I put in say Japan as my country, Tokyo as my province .. then it wants a zip code. I have been on to sites that give postcodes but they want street names, suburbs etc which of course I do not have.
    Not all shipping modules will use all of the information asked for, and what the shipping modules do with the information provided is determined by the shipping modules themselves - So no, it is not a stupid question on account of the fact that the answer isn't clearly obvious

I know you are using the ozpost module (and at least one other), and all I can really speak for is the ozpost module.

With this, if anything other than "Australia" is the destination then only the country code is used - The zipcode/postcode and State fields are ignored because they are irrelevant as far as quoting for overseas.

If the destination country selected is Australia then only the postcode is needed, everything else is ignored/unused.

Does this make sense / clear things up?

Cheers
    Rod

ps. Because the State field is never used by the ozpost module, I 'dropped' this input box when I made the other tweaks to the tpl_modules_shipping_estimator.php override file
    Last edited by RodG; 14 Apr 2010 at 04:08 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bron1 View Post
    I know when I use my shipping estimator, all I need to select is the Country.