Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Customer not able to get product using GC

I am using Zen Cart Vs. 1.38a and have set up a gift certificate code for a customer to enter at time of checkout to receive 1 free product. Problem is when they enter the code, and receive confirmation instead of getting their downloadable product they get a message that says 'Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed'

How can I resolve this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer not able to get product using GC

Check the setting on the Configuration ... GV Coupons ...
    Default Order Status For Zero Balance Orders
    When an order's balance is zero, this order status will be assigned to it.
    This works just like the Orders Status setting on the Payment Modules for orders where the total is $0.00 as of the result of a Gift Certificate ...

Otherwise, the Payment Module(s) control whether or not the Downloads are available right away based on the Order Status set on each one ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I made the change but now when I enter the coupon code it asks the customer to select a payment method for the order instead of applying the code.

Plugin Contributions

and I still get the same message even after making the change and selecting a payment method

Plugin Contributions

What Payment Module(s) do you have installed?

When you enter the Gift Certificate Code ... did you enter how much to Apply to the Order?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

If the Free product is in tandem with Purchased products then the msg. 'Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed' is correct. Once the purchase has been marked as "Processed" the Free product then becomes available.

If the Free product is available by itself then you must change things. That I leave to Ajeh as her understanding of the various payment setups is better than mine.
    Last edited by Website Rob; 14 Apr 2010 at 04:08 AM.

Plugin Contributions

payment modules are PayPal IPN and PayPal Express Checkout. And no, it doesn't give me the option to enter how much I want to apply

Plugin Contributions

You do not want to run PayPal IPN and PayPal Express together ...

Next, once the Gift Certificate has been redeemed, there should be on the checkout_payment page an input box next to where the Gift Certificate can be redeemed to enter the amount of the Gift Certificate that can be applied to the Order ...

If the Amount Applied to the Order is the full amount of the order, then the setting on the GV Coupons will be used for the Order Status ...

If there is still a balance, then a Payment Module needs to be selected ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I have always had both paypal IPN and Express and used gift certificates that worked before. I will try using one or the other.

The main problem still exisits though, it will not allow a customer to download their product when coupon is applied. It is waiting for payment verification even with the above changes made and the input box next to where the gift certificate can be redeemed has mysteriously disappeared.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I've done everything you suggested with no luck. Now I can't even get a message when I try and purchase something,

NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed

This is going to make a lot of people angry if they pay for a product and can't get it. I am open to any other advice you may have. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem so paying customers can get their products?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast